Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there are any changes to the next years model? My car is produced shortly as a 2018 model and I wonder if I will get anything new..

·
Super Moderator
1,941 Posts
As far as I've been able to find, the only changes are to the range of colours and the included options--and the price increase of course.
Greg

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was talking to the sales manager on the G/Coast .... he said they may now be standard with Apple CarPlay (?) .... he said they had to justify the price hike somehow.
Other options include new front and rear noses and diffusers and tinted lens on the exterior lights ....(again Australian spec)

·
Registered
39 Posts
There is no change as far as I can tell except is price (in US). My order that I made just over a week ago is on a 2018 model.
BTW, the price in the configurator is already the 2018 prices.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys for the replies, I will post when I get delivery if I find anything new.. I got a PDK software update for my Macan the other week when I did the first service and that was a major difference, do you guys know of any software updates that are made to 718 when you service it the first time?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Due to the complaints by journalists and Planet 9 posters, Porsche has decided to put a N/A 8 cylinder engine in next years Cayman and Boxster. A spokeperson for the company states, "You happy? Good, now leave us alone".

>:D
Finally a true Porsche!!! Can I possibly get my money back on the 718?;)

·
Registered
74 Posts
One I know about is the black interior with the red seat and door inserts looses the red instrument canopy which will now be black. It was that one difference that made me pick this color option on my 2018 order as that red instrument canopy put me off that color combination. It was a strike of luck that I picked up that detail in the configurator prior to putting in the order.

Curious what caused Porsche to make that change.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Maybe Porsche received complaints about too much red with the canopy and wanted to tone it down. When I ordered my Boxster in GT Silver with the Black and Red interior I was a little hesitant about the red canopy as well and almost went in a different direction. Now that I have it I think it really sets off the interior. I have received lots of compliments on the red combination. I am glad I didn't shy away from choosing it. I think yours will look great without the red canopy as well!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was talking to the sales manager on the G/Coast .... he said they may now be standard with Apple CarPlay (?) .... he said they had to justify the price hike somehow.
How about Porsche just drop the price $1500-2000?

I don't want Apple's crap to begin with.

·
Super Moderator
1,887 Posts
How about Porsche just drop the price $1500-2000?

I don't want Apple's crap to begin with.
That's funny. I don't want Bose's crap ... so I didn't order it.

If you don't want CarPlay, don't order Porsche Connect -- and if it's now standard, just don't use it. I guarantee you the price hike had absolutely nothing to do with Apple, despite what a previous poster said.

·
Registered
113 Posts
What about the side marker lights? They seem amber in 2017 and are now silver in 2018.? My configuration images has them as silver for my 2018 model order. Online, I see a mix with some amber and some silver for the 718 model (2017-2018). I can't figure out if this a a 2018 change or has something to do with the configuration.

·
Registered
74 Posts
In the US due to regulations they need to be imported with the amber but many change them to clear after delivery. In Europe regulations have them as clear. Hence the differences you see. Very easy to change after delivery and the dealer through that in.

·
Registered
113 Posts
In the US due to regulations they need to be imported with the amber but many change them to clear after delivery. In Europe regulations have them as clear. Hence the differences you see. Very easy to change after delivery and the dealer through that in.
Ah. Got it. I'll likely have to do that. I like the clear!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts