Porsche 718 Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
The WAX exhaust downpipe (for GPF equipped cars) on alibaba is used on MR69 ALB's and my 718 and quality/fitment is great. They custom make them to your specifications.
Thank you. I don’t have GPF installed, what about the smell? Did you tuned after installation?

·
Registered
589 Posts
What about the sound, power and price?
Price around 1000dollar depending on what you spec. Sound is much improved brutal pops n bangs and kind of a V8 sound now. I will post a video with sound later on. Power not measured, but far better spool up and throttle response.

·
Registered
589 Posts
No tune is required for a downpipe install?
As long you don’t go catless and lower than 200 cell not. Best to install an cell delete adapter between lambda and cat. (Don’t ask me how I found ou about that) Of course with a tune everything is optimalized.With a tune the tuner will code a away the cell light.

·
Registered
32 Posts
As long you don’t go catless and lower than 200 cell not. Best to install an cell delete adapter between lambda and cat. (Don’t ask me how I found ou about that) Of course with a tune everything is optimalized.With a tune the tuner will code a away the cell light.
Thanks buddy, would be nice to see how its sounds

·
Registered
331 Posts
You’re welcome, it’s 200cell combined with GPF. You can ask them to make what you want (no cat, 100-200cell etc.)
Wow this is a big price difference than what Fab, Armytrix and Soul offers. Wondering if this is an option to go with? The link you provided didn't take me to that DP but wonder what shipping cost would be to the US? where are they based out of?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I have the IPE downpipe and APR tune (with stock exhaust without PSE). Similar observations to above (had downpipe before tune). Turbo sound increases and throttle response improved. But the actual sound when driving normally is pretty much the same. There are more pops and bangs in S mode, and if you are driving aggressively they get quite brutal (loud backfires much louder than stock)... but normal driving only a little louder gurgle from the exhaust. So normal driving the only difference I really notice is the extra turbo noise (whistle) and improved throttle response. The bigger difference comes when you start to get into it in S mode.

I expect most downpipes with a 200 cell cat will sounds similar... the rest is just pipework of similar diamter. I think you would have to try really hard to split two different downpipes with similar cat.

I recently went on a road trip including some nice long alpine roads (switchback corners every few hundred metres). So hard acceleration and then back off down to 40-50kph. The exhaust is very obnoxious in that environment. The road was quiet with little traffic, but I had people stopped at view points waiting with cameras around several bends as they could hear me coming! :)

·
Registered
589 Posts
Wow this is a big price difference than what Fab, Armytrix and Soul offers. Wondering if this is an option to go with? The link you provided didn't take me to that DP but wonder what shipping cost would be to the US? where are they based out of?
They are based in China, shipping to Belgium was 110dollars from manufacturing to delivery it was about 8days

21 - 33 of 33 Posts