Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a letter yesterday from Porsche Cars North America stating they cannot supply the electric steering column that should have been included with my '22 Cayman. Because they cannot perform the retrofit they will be sending a $1,000 check within the next two months.

·
Registered
2022 Cayman Base
142 Posts
Got a letter yesterday from Porsche Cars North America stating they cannot supply the electric steering column that should have been included with my '22 Cayman. Because they cannot perform the retrofit they will be sending a $1,000 check within the next two months.
I curious now that you had to live without it do you feel like you are missing something?

I opted not to get electric seats/steering wheel because I knew I would be the only one really driving the car. So it was easy for me to to set and forget.

So are you happy with it as is and getting $1000 check on top of it, or are you disappointed?

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I’ve heard this happen to a couple of folk. Probably due to the chip shortage however also common when coming to the end of a life cycle as they cancel parts orders from 1st and 2nd tier suppliers to concentrate on production of new parts for the next generation.

Final stage of the life cycle is a release of a special edition with all the bits left over from the parts bin. These are usually the best value for money.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I curious now that you had to live without it do you feel like you are missing something?

I opted not to get electric seats/steering wheel because I knew I would be the only one really driving the car. So it was easy for me to to set and forget.

So are you happy with it as is and getting $1000 check on top of it, or are you disappointed?
I'm fine with out it. What I don't get is the wheel moving out of the way when I shut down. The seat does move back which helps a lot for egress. I don't think the wheel moving would help as it is almost all the way up as it is. I'll take the money and run.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I would rather have the electric column than $1k. I have raised steering wheels for years in previous vehicles, both manually and with the automatic electrical lift as I find it makes egress and entering much easier, especially when wearing winter coats.

I am disappointed.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
I would rather have the electric column than $1k. I have raised steering wheels for years in previous vehicles, both manually and with the automatic electrical lift as I find it makes egress and entering much easier, especially when wearing winter coats.

I am disappointed.
Must admit that I would also be very disappointed if that was the "solution" offered to me.

·
Registered
64 Posts
We just picked up a '22 Macan GTS last Monday (pix will be posted soon) that was ordered with a power adjustable steering column that didn't happen. Porsche sent us a $500 voucher as compensation, which I used toward the winter wheels/tires.

Have not yet received the $1k check for the Cayman. It seems silly they would send a letter saying a check is on the way. Why didn't they just put the check in with the letter?

Still disappointed and would rather have the power adjustable steering columns.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts