Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Glad to have someone on the forum with that history of Boxsters which means valuable feedback for us :D
Did you keep your past Boxsters stock or modified them?

·
Super Moderator
1,887 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Glad to have someone on the forum with that history of Boxsters which means valuable feedback for us :D
Did you keep your past Boxsters stock or modified them?
Seconded! (Welcome!) Base or S, OP? And what major options?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Hola! Welcome to the forums and congratulations. What year Boxsters have you owned prior? As well as why so "Boxster enthusiast" ? As if it isn't obvious, just would like your take on it ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Traded-in each for new model. Others were '06, '08 & '11, all base models. Lived in Germany for 6 years (autobahns= no limits) and have found that for me personally, 300 hp is more than enough here in the " land of the 55". Love the handling & styling. Have always favored "rag tops" whole life, and Porsche Boxsters are one true sports cars without equal, at that level.
Not a tinkerer, so did not modify, but had the usual, upscale options on each.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Traded-in each for new model. Others were '06, '08 & '11, all base models. Lived in Germany for 6 years (autobahns= no limits) and have found that for me personally, 300 hp is more than enough here in the " land of the 55". Love the handling & styling. Have always favored "rag tops" whole life, and Porsche Boxsters are one true sports cars without equal, at that level.
Not a tinkerer, so did not modify, but had the usual, upscale options on each.

@Pitcher1717 it's nice to see someone so dedicated to a brand/model!!! What is your opinion of the sound of the 718? Since you have had many of the previous generation Boxsters I would like to know your thoughts. Apparently the new engine and sound didn't deter you from buying the 718.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The note is sure different. Don't mind, quick in adjusting to it. It's taken some time to adjust to the engine cutting out at red lights however. Understand it's good for fuel economy. Also have option of going into sport mode if I don't want the 'quiet'. This feeling is left over from my first boat that used to occasionally stall when I was backing it down, taxing an inexperienced helmsman back then :>)

·
892 Posts
Most of the time I'm in Sport but if not then like photonscience the turn off engine kill is the first button I look for. Between my wife & I we've had the feature on a few cars now & having tried it numerous times I found it's of very little use & saves little or no fuel. Quite frankly it's just annoying & if you're waiting to pull out of a busy junction or similar, that momentary delay whilst the car starts is something best avoided. The default setting on all cars should be off with the option to turn the feature on if you're in stop/start traffic.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Most of the time I'm in Sport but if not then like photonscience the turn off engine kill is the first button I look for. Between my wife & I we've had the feature on a few cars now & having tried it numerous times I found it's of very little use & saves little or no fuel. Quite frankly it's just annoying & if you're waiting to pull out of a busy junction or similar, that momentary delay whilst the car starts is something best avoided. The default setting on all cars should be off with the option to turn the feature on if you're in stop/start traffic.
I get into my 2017 Boxster Base and it is in sport mode and the engine cutoff is in the off position. If you like those buttons to stay in the position they were in when you shut off the engine just install the T-Design memory module and it solves the problem. I had a 2014 Base Boxster and my 718 is unbelievably better in all respects. I also like the sound better than the 981 until you get to over 5000 RPM. I am very seldom in that RPM regime because of the tremendous acceleration in the 718.

·
892 Posts
I get into my 2017 Boxster Base and it is in sport mode and the engine cutoff is in the off position. If you like those buttons to stay in the position they were in when you shut off the engine just install the T-Design memory module and it solves the problem. I had a 2014 Base Boxster and my 718 is unbelievably better in all respects. I also like the sound better than the 981 until you get to over 5000 RPM. I am very seldom in that RPM regime because of the tremendous acceleration in the 718.
Whilst I'd like to fit one, I live in the U.K & always take out official Porsche extended warranties. They're pretty much front to back, include breakdown recovery & can be continually renewed to cover the vehicle right up until it's 15 years old. They are also extremely good value for the cover on offer, but the one downside (& it's a big one) is that the vehicle doesn't qualify if it's been altered or modified in any way. That even extends to fitment of something so basic as a none Porsche battery, they really are that strict on the requirements. :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts