Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I've been browsing the forum for a while and we're excited to finally be moving forward with our first Porsche purchase! We're going with a Boxster S, but like many people, struggling with final color decisions.

I love the Chalk exterior, but can't decide on the interior color. I don't want to go with the standard black, and am not a big fan of the Agate, Blue, or Red options, so am leaning towards either Chalk or Espresso. I like the the richness of the Espresso, but not sure if it clashes since we have lots of extra exterior pieces in High Gloss Black (Sport Design package, door handles, wheels, and rear wing). Attached are a few screen shots from the configurator.

We're really excited to be joining the club and would appreciate any thoughts. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
My test drive car was chalk with red (burgundy?) interior. Spectacular!

Tan if you are a traditionalist.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Congratulations Chalk (Crayon in UK is an excellent choice)

Check out the interior on the Cayman in this video
think it is Sport Tech Fabric looks fantastic but of the 2 you mention I would go Expresso I think.

Alfaguy's does looks great but a bit light for me.

·
Registered
698 Posts
If you really want a stranger's opinion, I think espresso may clash. I can't tell from and don't trust the configurator pic. On the other hand, I think chalk/chalk looks great (with the help of the black dash) and personally would go with that among your two choices. If you go with espresso, be sure to opt to wrap the steering column in leather too. It sticks out in black in the middle of all that brown.

·
Registered
592 Posts
NICE! I've always admired Chalk. I would favor the Expresso and Burgundy with Chalk...not sure in what order though. Regardless, taste is personal (why my bride adds Geranimals to my apparal :rolleyes:)...so it's important you are satisfied.

·
Registered
2018 Cayman GTS
143 Posts
I think your first choice will be great! I once had a cream white 911 with blue interior . Not something you d think off but EVERY dealer complimented the car.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I don’t think you can go wrong with either choice. I have the chalk interior and love it as a contrast to my night blue metallic exterior.

Of the two you mentioned I would go with the espresso personally as I think the rich brown leather would look great against the grayish exterior.

·
Registered
2018 Cayman GTS
143 Posts
Dealers tell me something like a chalk /expresso are what they call European colors. Americans are Silver , black etc etc etc...

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hi everyone,

I've been browsing the forum for a while and we're excited to finally be moving forward with our first Porsche purchase! We're going with a Boxster S, but like many people, struggling with final color decisions.

I love the Chalk exterior, but can't decide on the interior color. I don't want to go with the standard black, and am not a big fan of the Agate, Blue, or Red options, so am leaning towards either Chalk or Espresso. I like the the richness of the Espresso, but not sure if it clashes since we have lots of extra exterior pieces in High Gloss Black (Sport Design package, door handles, wheels, and rear wing). Attached are a few screen shots from the configurator.

We're really excited to be joining the club and would appreciate any thoughts. Thanks! View attachment 29532 View attachment 29533 View attachment 29534 View attachment 29535
Why don't you like red? I have a Chalk Panamera with the Black/Bordeaux Red interior and everyone who has seen it, loves it.

·
Registered
771 Posts
The red/black combination looks great on the configurator. I planned to get that in my car, but when I saw the red in person it seemed a bit too bold. I can see why many like it, however, and as I've said previously if the color was closer to a burgundy I would have been all over it. Personal choices and I suppose owning a Porsche is bold anyway so why not?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I almost hate to do this, since I kind of like having a unique build, but you might want to reconsider the blue option...everyone who has seen my car has loved this combo. The Chalk can have a slightly warm/sandy appearance in certain lights, and the blue provides a nice contrast.
Shrin'sBoxster3.jpg
Shrin'sBoxster1.jpg
Shrin'sBoxster2.jpg

·
Super Moderator
1,630 Posts
My opinions, and they are opinions only 🙂.
Too many colours and things start to look busy—which I don't like. Are 3 too many? Probably not, although I've only got Racing Yellow and black.
Espresso looks like a natural leather colour and my favourite chair at home is that colour and natural leather seems to go with almost anything.
Light upholstery gets dirty/stained too easily for me to choose that as I often drive in jeans; but the black/chalk looks great in the configurator.
The real cloth seat centres (not alcantara, haven't seen/felt race-tex) look great, but they don't seem to be an option currently.
The choice is really what you like, not what others like—my dealer had a wall of large paint and leather samples that I could put together to see how different combinations looked. I chose the Racing Yellow because I wanted to be seen. I'd had too many close calls due to my motorcycle being 'invisible' and my wife had a huge accident in a not-bright car (the oncoming driver didn't see her and turned in front of her) and still suffers pain 30 years on.
Whatever you get, a Boxster is a great vehicle and driving with the roof down is sublime.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all of your input everyone. I've been going back and forth with this and keep finding myself coming back to the chalk exterior and chalk interior. I know this may seem a bit drab, but none of the other combinations feel quite right. And I’m not looking for anything too flashy. I’m coming from a red Alfa 4C Spyder and prefer to get away from something that gets so much attention. I wouldn’t mind adding a little splash of color to the interior, but aside from changing up the seatbelt color, not sure what else to consider.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Have you considered the full graphite blue interior paired with seat centres in chalk? The graphite interior comes with chalk stitching already, so toss in chalk seatbelts and you then have a nice custom interior. As mentioned above, don't forget the leather steering column. It's a minor option but makes all the difference

As for your first choice of Espresso, do a search on CPO within the 992 range and across different countries. Many have this interior and I wouldn't be surprised if some have paired it with your paint choice.

Good luck

P

·
Registered
421 Posts
Thanks for all of your input everyone. I've been going back and forth with this and keep finding myself coming back to the chalk exterior and chalk interior. I know this may seem a bit drab, but none of the other combinations feel quite right. And I’m not looking for anything too flashy. I’m coming from a red Alfa 4C Spyder and prefer to get away from something that gets so much attention.
How did you like the 4C? I love your choice of Chalk paint. Chalk interior is nice. A splash of color with the seat belts would be nice. Miami Blue or red belts would work, IMO.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Personally, I will never go for a light color on my seats again.
I've owned 2 BMW's with white/cream leather and alcantara interiors. You have to stay on top of it if you want to keep it looking fresh.
Jeans are a no-no and the black seatbelts constantly rub up against the seats. Staining them over time.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well, even I think that white seats are beautiful.. but they dont age well and look dirty. I had it once and had to wash the seats before selling the car. Not all was removed, special blue jeans stains.
If thats ok for you, keep the chalk.

·
Registered
297 Posts
No such problems with my chalk interior.....black seatbelts staining seats??? really?
My '92 964 has parchment seats and carpet and 140,000 miles with no more than normal cleaning and wear!;)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts