Porsche 718 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Thanks for all of your input everyone. I've been going back and forth with this and keep finding myself coming back to the chalk exterior and chalk interior. I know this may seem a bit drab, but none of the other combinations feel quite right. And I’m not looking for anything too flashy. I’m coming from a red Alfa 4C Spyder and prefer to get away from something that gets so much attention. I wouldn’t mind adding a little splash of color to the interior, but aside from changing up the seatbelt color, not sure what else to consider.
Have you considered black interior with deviated seat centers in chalk? The chalk/black option you selected is half black anyway, and this would still get some chalk inside while minimizing how much is at risk of getting stained.

·
Registered
297 Posts
OMG! You needed to check the "self cleaning seat " option !! ;) Or, my choice, the "drive naked" option...:p

·
Registered
226 Posts
Will say only that if you go w/ the black & chalk, you might want to opt for the "full leather" interior as it makes a bigger difference w/ 2 tone interiors than with standard black. I love my black and red, but didn't care for that option w/ the standard interior at all.

·
Registered
451 Posts
.. but like many people, struggling with final color decisions.

I love the Chalk exterior, but can't decide on the interior color. I don't want to go with the standard black, and am not a big fan of the Agate, Blue, or Red options, so am leaning towards either Chalk or Espresso. I like the the richness of the Espresso, but not sure if it clashes since we have lots of extra exterior pieces in High Gloss Black (Sport Design package, door handles, wheels, and rear wing). ...

We're really excited to be joining the club and would appreciate any thoughts. Thanks!
First and most important, congratulations on buying an incredible car.

IMO, color is a personal preference. No matter what you get, you will love the car. However, to avoid even the slightest chance of any regrets, you must choose what especially appeals to you. No one else can select the music I especially want to hear or the food I especially like except me. It also has been my experience, if I am undecided about a short list of aesthetic qualities (like restaurant menu choices or the color of a new car), no matter what I pick from my short list will most likely be something I am equally happy with. I suggest you go with your gut and do not let others opinions on colors etc. have any consequential effect on your choices.

Now, if one is buying a car to please others or establish a certain image for others consumption, then advice on color from others has meaning.

As far as practical considerations, that again I think is only a personal decision. For example, in south Florida the black leather seats get really hot and certainly can be very uncomfortable. I got sick of hearing the "Oh, I would never buy a black interior". The discomfort is only brief, certainly tolerable and, most important, I like it and I am the guy buying and driving the car. Similarly, when I bought my 1988 E30 M3, that was also bright red, everyone felt compelled to tell me what a big mistake I made getting white leather seats. They were right, of course, about how quickly the seats showed dirt, but, again, I bought the car for myself, not them, and all it meant was a little more attention when cleaning the car.

So, in summary, listen to what others say, and maybe you will get an idea that appeals to you. But, in the end, go with your gut. You are the guy writing the check and buying the car for yourself, not them. If you like color combinations that other think don't "match", F#$% them, unless, of course, they will substantially subsidize the cost of your new car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I love the proposal to drive naked :D Because I like shiny seats as well, but I had the same issues with my former Roadster like Erik wrote. Now I choose black full leather. Okay, it looks like a charcoal pot from the beginning ... but it will not really change to undefined appearance In the next years ....

·
Registered
43 Posts
Another way is to start with the interior of your car and then select the exterior color to go with it. When I was building my Boxster S I had much stronger feelings about interior than exterior but everyone approaches the problem differently. I would reconsider chalk-chalk combination however, chalk-espresso is much better, just my opinion. Ultimately it is your $$ and your preference.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I don't think the Sport-Tex is available anymore (Or they named it something else) But here is a picture of the Graphite blue / Chalk leather with Sport-Tex .

Wasn't sure i would like it before I saw it in person. But now I'm glad to have it. the Sport-Tex is really nice, Cool in the summer (No AC in the seats) and grippy. You don't slid around like all leather seats.

This is with a Sapphire blue ext but would also look nice with the dark blue in #1 combo.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I have seen this SportTex interior on a new 911 at my dealer. Absolutely Beautiful. And the Sport Seat Plus is the most comfortable type seat (to me!)from Porsche!

·
Registered
65 Posts
The Sport Tex, is the best in my opinion, something similar would look great with Chalk/Crayon exterior.

·
Registered
2019 718S
54 Posts
Hi everyone,

I've been browsing the forum for a while and we're excited to finally be moving forward with our first Porsche purchase! We're going with a Boxster S, but like many people, struggling with final color decisions.

I love the Chalk exterior, but can't decide on the interior color. I don't want to go with the standard black, and am not a big fan of the Agate, Blue, or Red options, so am leaning towards either Chalk or Espresso. I like the the richness of the Espresso, but not sure if it clashes since we have lots of extra exterior pieces in High Gloss Black (Sport Design package, door handles, wheels, and rear wing). Attached are a few screen shots from the configurator.

We're really excited to be joining the club and would appreciate any thoughts. Thanks! View attachment 29532 View attachment 29533 View attachment 29534 View attachment 29535
[/QUOT

·
Registered
2019 718S
54 Posts
First off welcome!!! I can’t really weigh in as I have Guards Red with Black interior and red belts. I am not big fan of the belts but not a deal breaker. I really do not like my chrome dash accents either. My favorite is black but we were coming from a black with tan Z4. With not ordering it’s sooooo hard to find the correct car. Porsche just has so many options. So my advise is go with your gut and don’t overthink it because no matter what it will be beautiful and when you drop the top, crank the Bose, and go Sport Mode it will be curve after curve of smiles!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Color is certainly all about personal preferences. If I was in this position I would be choosing one of the two-tone combos: maybe chalk with something to have a tie-in with your exterior color. I find most of the single color interiors to be just too much of the same thing.

My own (981 CS) is black both exterior and interior, which is definitely not the most exciting but I bought it used and if I had made color a deal breaker I'd still be driving my old Mazda. Buying a new Boxster S sounds like a wonderful position to be in!

·
Registered
137 Posts
I don't think the Sport-Tex is available anymore (Or they named it something else) But here is a picture of the Graphite blue / Chalk leather with Sport-Tex .

Wasn't sure i would like it before I saw it in person. But now I'm glad to have it. the Sport-Tex is really nice, Cool in the summer (No AC in the seats) and grippy. You don't slid around like all leather seats.

This is with a Sapphire blue ext but would also look nice with the dark blue in #1 combo. View attachment 29571
I have these seats on my Boxster and love them. They would go very well with a Chalk exterior. Unfortunately they are no longer available.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Thanks everybody for your insights!

We've finally settled on a build, so just thought I would share it, so here it goes:

718 Boxster S with Chalk exterior, black top
Sport Design Package in High Gloss Black
Supplemental Safety Bars in Exterior Color
Door Handles in High Gloss Black
Rear Wing in High Gloss Black
Sport Tailpipes in Black
20 inch Carrera S Wheels in High Gloss Black
14 Way Seats in Chalk with Deviated Seat Centers in Black
Seat Belts in Chalk
Premium Package
PDK
Sport Chrono Package
Power Steering Plus
Interior Trim in Leather
Center Console with Porsche Crest

They're hoping to have an allocation sometime this week with delivery in April/May, fingers crossed!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Congrats! That should be quite a 'looker' as we say here! My '17 model has chalk/black except with chalk centers. Black dash and carpets make a nice contrast. View attachment 29780 View attachment 29781 I still enjoy it tremendously.
Thanks! I see that you got the smoking package since there's a cover over the center storage compartment. I've been debating about that. It's a cleaner look with the cover on, but it seems like the outlet inside the compartment takes up most of the space, is that right?

·
Registered
694 Posts
Thanks! I see that you got the smoking package since there's a cover over the center storage compartment. I've been debating about that. It's a cleaner look with the cover on, but it seems like the outlet inside the compartment takes up most of the space, is that right?
Yes it does. Only enough room to store the cig lighter itself.

·
Registered
297 Posts
But it is much easier to use than the other power outlet by the dash! I always plug my battery maintainer there....Quick and easy!
The little tray of the non-smoking package is very small and not too useful IMHO!

21 - 40 of 45 Posts