Porsche 718 Forum banner

Colored seat centers

4K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  antennahead 
^Thanks...
I see the option, but my question is what additional pieces are included?

Some pics show the gauge pod surround in red and some show it in black (2nd pic added to 1st post)
I went through the same process. Ordered Black/Bordeaux (partial leather pkg.) with GT Silver. The configurator shows this picture with that option:

I specifically asked my salesman about this, and he said the pics with the instrument cluster cover in bordeaux red are from previous years. If you remember, Porsche had a lawsuit where some owners sued for visibility issues with light colored interiors causing "reflective blinding" on the windshield. It seems to reduce visibility issues, Porsche went to black for the cover on two tone interiors. You can still order an all red, tan, etc. interior. Porsche included this caveat with the description: "Glass is reflective. Certain lighting conditions may cause a lighter color dashboard to produce a noticeable reflection on the inside of the windshield................ " Personally I like the black better for the cap, glad it was changed.

One and the same. :)
Still have my Z4MC and E92 M3 right now, but the Z4 will be departing soon.
I had a 914-6 for many years and am itching to get back to a mid-engine platform.
I still have my Z4 M Roadster as well, but will be selling it soon. We share some of the same car loves it looks like. My first real sports car was a 1975 914 2.0. I had it set up for auto crossing. One of my biggest car regrets was selling that thing. I've never forgotten the mid-engine handling of that car. I too feel like I'm coming home with my 718 order.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.