Porsche 718 Forum banner

Comparison of Cayman v 911 Ride

10K views 27 replies 11 participants last post by  JoTR 
I currently own a Cayman S (on steel springs, no PASM) with 20' wheels. Considering this is a sports car I'd consider the suspension firm but not uncomfortable.

I'm looking at 911 Carrera Ts - unfortunately there are none available near me.

For those who have driven these cars - would you consider a Carrera T (with SPASM on 20" wheels) in comfort mode, more or less comfortable than a steel sprung Cayman on 20" wheels ?
Hey There! I have driven both cars, numerous times. I own a 718 Cayman 6mt with PASM. The PASM alone (in Comfort mode) on the 718 is a bit more comfortable than a non-PASM 718. S-PASM (in comfort mode) on a 718 is noticeably a stiffer ride than a 718 without PASM.
As far as a non-PASM 718 vs a Carrera T with S-PASM, the Carrera T will be noticeably more comfortable! It's completely different. The Carrera has a little bit of a longer wheelbase, and that alone is enough to make a difference in ride quality. Then you add the suspension setup on a Carrera vs a 718, and you have more noticeable improvements in ride quality.
If you have 718 S, love your car, and you're considering a Carrera T, I would personally say you don't even have to drive it. It's an amazing car! I would recommend that you at least drive a 991.2 base Carrera to get an idea, simply because they drive differently than our cars. If you like your 718, and you enjoyed your test drive in a 991.2 base Carrera, you will absolutely love the Carrera T! I would personally buy a Carrera T over a C2S. The only other 911's that I would consider over a T (if we took money completely out of the equation) is a GTS or GT3. The Carrera T is that good! As Porsche 2018 mentioned above, the latest 911's (991.2) are the most comfortable driving 911's we've ever had...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.