Porsche 718 Forum banner

Considering a 718

3K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  girarcat 
#1 ·
Hi!

I'm a huge Porsche enthusiast from Europe. When I was 16 I got to ride a 997 Carrera S and I totally fell in love with the brand. I promised myself one day I would own a Porsche, and this moment might have arrived. I'm still not sure if I should go for a brand-new unit (I'm considering the base Cayman) or try and find some slightly used car to save me a few bucks and reduce depreciation losses in case I want to sell it in a couple of years.

I have several questions to ask you, so I will create some independent threads in order to talk about them.

Thanks!

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum. When you ask your questions, please indicate what you foresee your usage of the car will be. For example, I'm an older retired guy and I bought my base 2019 Cayman (see my signature below) as a toy to be used strictly for torturing curvy country back roads. Having taken it to PCA HPDE, I am now adding minimal track use (twice a year), which is a very addictive thing, btw. If it is going to be a DD, you should definitely consider the luxury items available and PDK. If you are likely to do a lot of track driving, maybe consider an S or T or GTS and performance options. BTW, a new or custom build base or S may entail a long wait at this time.

Reactions: girarcat
#3 ·
Oops. Read your other post and you took my advice before I gave it! So, think about HPDEs and if that is a possibility, be sure to think about power, PASM, PTV, SC and other performance options. I wouldn't worry about high mileage because life is short and you spend too much time in the car and you need that time to be as high quality and fun as you can get it.

Reactions: vhs
#7 ·
We prefer to address specific questions in specific threads. If your question does not fit an existing thread, you make a new one for it.

I am following a delightful thread in another forum with 3 separate and unrelated sub-threads going on simultaneously and some of the participants argue in more than one sub-thread practically simultaneously! A veritable comedy of 'who's on first'...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.