Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2018 718 CS
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My black 2018 718 CS has 20” Carrera S silver wheels. I recently purchased a set of titanium color center caps, with the idea of powder coating my wheels in similar color.

Recently, I noticed a trend here in the forum (as I look at photos) of folks using center caps that are a different color than the wheels, so I decide to give that a try. To my surprise, I really liked the contrast that the darker center caps had against my wheels.

Opinion is split on this with some folks I have shown photos of before and after. Some think that is a nice contrast and that they look good… others think that they look like I changed the wheels and then ”cheaped out” on the center caps.

I recognize this is not for everyone, but as I said, I like them and intend to keep it this way for the time being… may change back and forth just for the fun of it.

So, my question is, have you done this? If so, why? Feel free to POST PHOTOS HERE! I like to see what you have done.

Starting with mine…

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Plant

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

I did a test with both center caps, installed Silver ones on the Driver’s side and the Titanium ones on the Passenger’s side, just for quick side to side comparison… both look great, but as I said, like the Titanium color better.

Titanium:
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Hood

Silver:
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Titanium:
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Silver:
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Would like to get your opinion as well..

Please post photos here, if you have done this…

·
Registered
781 Posts
I think it works. It makes the crest stand out more.

·
Registered
2018 718 CS
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Of all the things in this world to worry about, that isn't one of them.

Some people don't even like amber side markers.
I hate orange markers as well, Jim 😊

And, like many discussions here, first world problems…😉…but we enjoy having them…

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
wow. I would not have bought my colored crests for $200 last week. I already have the Titanium (agate!) grey Boxster T wheels and center caps. I thought it would just look weird on the 19" Boxster S winter wheel and tire set. They are bright silver, regular Porsche wheels.

(Readying it for winter, I put on that 19" winter set, and it throws off the look quite a bit to have no Agate grey theme continuing as is on everythging else)

darn. I just tried! I mean, mine look great but this might match and tie in the silver bright wheels visually to that T style, during this winter.

·
Registered
2018 718 CS
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I can't speak about other car colors but on my Rhodium Silver Cayman the amber lights and Porsche crest look good.
In my opinion, and is respectfully just my opinion @jimmuller (not looking to change your opinion), that clear side markers look best on silver than any other color…. They blend in… Here, my Macan, going from amber to clear…. But, to each their own… you like what you like, and I like what I like…. Hey, I even like the contrasting center caps… 😁…

Automotive parking light Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Car

1 - 18 of 18 Posts