Porsche 718 Forum banner

Cooling system Fault

7K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  xhyphenx 
#1 ·
Took car out for a 20 mile hike. Wouldn't say I jumped all over it as my wife was in car and we were heading for ice cream. Got a Cooling System Fault consult workshop service required thing pop up. 2018 CGTS. Only thing I ever did was change exhaust cat back soul performance. Any one seen this before and know what possible issue is? Could it be cat back exhaust? Highest it got was 226 degrees. 93 degrees out today. Car has 3,200 miles. Fyi I put it in sport and it brought the temp down to 205 before I shut it off

#2 ·
When I did my clutch according to the shop the exhaust had to be moved out of the way. I got the same error, when I got the car back. Took it to dealer and they replaced one of the changeover valves, as I understood it (which could be incorrect) apparently it's a shared vacuum system for the cooling and the PSE valves. There is a good chance nothing is wrong with your cooling system, rather the valve has failed or just the vacuum line popped off when doing the exhaust.

#4 ·
No it was water temp. It always runs 195 to 200. Again after switching to sport mode it went down to 205. I am taking it in Friday. I did disconnect a vac line on the pse for the soul exhaust but they told me to just hang that out of the way Andy can't imagine that's the issue as I have driven with that exhaust a couple hundred miles now and didn't have any issue

#5 ·
@Luke718 - I have the Fabspeed sport cat, and I romped on my car this past weekend in the hills and mountains of Northern California. Air temp was between 78 - 98 (with elevation temps get cooler), and the hottest I got was 214 in sport mode, and I was doing 45 to 1.25 hour sessions in the twisties.

I have about the same amount of miles on my car as you. I doubt it's your exhaust. This is probably dumb question... Have you cleaned out your front grille and your side vents of debris? Maybe something is blacking air flow that is preventing the car from being in the proper / optimal temp zone.

Keep us posted.

#6 ·
yeah the car is always clean and I have checked several times. Taking her in Friday so mOre to come

#7 ·
Guys at soul told me ok to unplug vac line to pose and leave it just tie it up somewhere. So I had to spend 200 bucks for Porsche to tell me the coolant fault was from that vac line. WTF

#8 ·
Do you have their performance exhaust, or their valved exhaust (with or without mufflers)? I'm assuming it's the performance exhaust, but if that's the case you don't need the vacuum lines. Did the dealer have any insight as to why the vacuum line would be causing the fault?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.