Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since some of us have probably already reached the 10k miles, I was just wonder what the service(s) are costing owners around the country/world.

I live in Maryland. I'm scheduled to take my car in on 11/30. We will see. :)

My car is 11 months old with 3300 miles and I'm getting the service notification in the display. I called the Porsche dealer and was quoted a price of $525.00. When I told the service advisor that I would wait while my car was being serviced, I was told that the service would take 3 hours and that they recommend I take one of their loaners rather than wait.

Included in the service:
- oil/filter change
- service interval reset
- safety inspection
- top off fluids etc.

I called back and asked for the cost of oil/filter change and service notification reset and was quoted $325.00. With my PCA (Porsche Club of America) 10% discount, $292.50. Curiously, the service person said that I could wait because the oil/filter service wouldn't take as long and that I wouldn't need a loaner. :rolleyes:

I called a second dealer and was quoted $350.00. No mention of a loaner.

I did not contact the dealer I bought the car from because it's further away than I want to drive.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I just had a 10K service done. It included an oil and filter change, a Multi-Point Inspection and service interval reset. I waited 1.5 hours and the cost was $224.00 with PCA 10% discount.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Since some of us have probably already reached the 10k miles, I was just wonder what the service(s) are costing owners around the country/world.

I live in Maryland. I'm scheduled to take my car in on 11/30. We will see. /forum/images/718forum/smilies/tango_face_smile.png

My car is 11 months old with 3300 miles and I'm getting the service notification in the display. I called the Porsche dealer and was quoted a price of $525.00. When I told the service advisor that I would wait while my car was being serviced, I was told that the service would take 3 hours and that they recommend I take one of their loaners rather than wait.

Included in the service:
- oil/filter change
- service interval reset
- safety inspection
- top off fluids etc.

I called back and asked for the cost of oil/filter change and service notification reset and was quoted $325.00. With my PCA (Porsche Club of America) 10% discount, $292.50. Curiously, the service person said that I could wait because the oil/filter service wouldn't take as long and that I wouldn't need a loaner. /forum/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif

I called a second dealer and was quoted $350.00. No mention of a loaner.

I did not contact the dealer I bought the car from because it's further away than I want to drive.
Wow about 1/2 of what I was quoted for 10k service 🤔

Rippey

·
Registered
271 Posts
Oil change at my local dealership is $199. Assuming it includes the service reset, but didn't ask. Most of the other checks are a bunch of bologna in my opinion. One of the checks in one of the services is to check that the horn is functioning correctly...seriously...read the owners manual.

But for an alignment they want $299! That's a bit much.

·
Super Moderator
1,716 Posts
I just had a 10K service done. It included an oil and filter change, a Multi-Point Inspection and service interval reset. I waited 1.5 hours and the cost was $224.00 with PCA 10% discount.
Dealer or indie?

That is an important distinction that should be noted in everyone's responses. You don't have to name the dealer, but definitely note if it's at one or not. Thanks, everyone!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Dealer or indie?

That is an important distinction that should be noted in everyone's responses. You don't have to name the dealer, but definitely note if it's at one or not. Thanks, everyone!
The 10K Service I referenced was at a Porsche dealer. There are two Porsche dealers in my area and both have similar pricing for oil/filter change services.

·
Registered
147 Posts
My initial service is coming up and when I called to schedule it, I requested a price quote. $495. That seems a bit high, yes? I'm going to call the next closest dealer (about 90 min. away)

·
Registered
689 Posts
My initial service is coming up and when I called to schedule it, I requested a price quote. $495. That seems a bit high, yes? I'm going to call the next closest dealer (about 90 min. away)

That is around what mine cost for the 1 year service on my 2017 718 CS.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Car and Driver is in the midst of a long term test of a 718Boxster S. The nice thing about their long term tests is they log the cost of maintenance. Why am I being told $495 for my 10k service from my local dealership? Mumble mumble mumble...

10k mile service: $363.00

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2017-porsche-718-boxster-s-long-term-test-review-2017-porsche-718-boxster-s-page-2

20k mile service: $608.00

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2017-porsche-718-boxster-s-long-term-test-review

·
Super Moderator
1,716 Posts
Car and Driver is in the midst of a long term test of a 718Boxster S. The nice thing about their long term tests is they log the cost of maintenance. Why am I being told $495 for my 10k service from my local dealership? Mumble mumble mumble...

10k mile service: $363.00

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2017-porsche-718-boxster-s-long-term-test-review-2017-porsche-718-boxster-s-page-2

20k mile service: $608.00

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2017-porsche-718-boxster-s-long-term-test-review
Hah!

I guarantee you that your dealer has been counterpointed by C&D long-term test figures before regarding the cost of maintenance for Porsches. I would grab that issue (or take a screen shot of it) and show it to the dealer, and see what excuses it comes up with to explain the difference.

(Hint: It won't be regionalism. Ann Arbor, Mich. and North Carolina have no appreciable cost-of-living differences -- in fact, I'd argue that N.C. is less expensive.)

·
Registered
147 Posts
FWIW, I called two different Porsche dealerships today to get a quote for pre-paid maintenance on my car. Both provided the same exact quotes:

2 year / 20K miles: $1,300
3 year / 30K miles: $1,700
4 year/ 40K miles: $3,200

Of course the big one, which includes spark plugs, etc..., is at the 4 year / 40K mark.

Given the fact there is no sales tax on this plan where as I would pay sales tax by paying for each service at the time, I locked in my rates and purchased a 4 year plan.

I can have my car serviced at any Porsche dealer in the US and the plan is transferable to the next owner.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I wanted to update everyone on pricing for the 20K mile service. I called a dealer in the Atlanta area and a highly recommended indy shop.

Dealer: $1,100
Indy: $350

Thanks

·
Registered
90 Posts
I wanted to update everyone on pricing for the 20K mile service. I called a dealer in the Atlanta area and a highly recommended indy shop.

Dealer: $1,100
Indy: $350

Thanks
Atlanta area dealers are pricey. I had my Macan serviced at one and not only was it higher than most others have been quoted I was also told that if I did any part of the maintenance myself (including wiper blades or cabin air filter) they would not reset the service minder. Such a cash grab although they did do a great job and I did get to drive around in 718 Boxster for half a day so it wasn't all bad.

·
Registered
314 Posts
There are a few things you can routinely throw at a salesmen looking to move a vehicle, and from which they will not walk away in closing the deal.

With Porsches, a big one is the PRMC thrown in to the ‘package.’ For my past couple purchases, its been 3 years of PRMC . . . having previously gone through the ‘sticker shock’ of those first few routine maintenance calls.

In the negotiation process, things are going to approach ‘closing the deal.’ Purchase price haggle. Trade-in haggle, if any. . . Once you feel things have reached an endpoint in negotiation, and before accepting terms, the last thing you say is, “I am good with your terms if you include 3 years PRMC.”

No way they are walking away from deal by having to chip in some routine maintenance . . . worth about $3,500-4,000 in total cost to owner if out of pocket over first three years, and probably no more than $250-500 for dealership to perform.

It feels good at time you are closing deal, as though you got the final tug in the haggle . . . feels even better every subsequent year you pull up and know the visit will come at no cost to you.

The “Porsche tax” comes in many forms. Do not let the first three years of routine maintenance be one of them!!!

AVM

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am looking for used 01/2017Cayman which needs third service now.
How much should I expect that it will cost?
Car has 44.000km / 27.000 miles

·
Registered
768 Posts
My 10,000 mile service (which I did at 8000) was free. The next one? I dunno'.

Someone earlier in this thread's history mentioned the cost of an alignment. When I asked they said it was several hundred dollars. I don't recall the exact figure, only the ballpark figure. The said the 4-wheel McPhearson strut suspension was so precise that they had to put up on a machine and it took 4 hours or something like that. Okay...

1 - 20 of 58 Posts