Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
63 Posts
Cheapest I could find was $5000 from a Suntek installer a friend used but said multiple edges were visible and that was a no go for me. The cheapest high quality installer I could find used Xpel and was $5900. I ended up doing full front, mirrors, and kick plates for $3700.

· Registered
127 Posts
I'm looking at around 3700 for the full front, mirrors, door cups, around the rear wheels and a couple other small areas along with ceramic paint coating and ceramic window tint. The cost also includes basic paint correction to get the car washing streaks off the paint prior to the film and coating. My car goes in at the start of December.

· Registered
577 Posts
I did an Xpel track pack on my 718 Cayman. Full front, rockers, doors, mirrors and a little more. IIRC, it was $2800 but that might have been with my PCA discount. They quoted my around $6000 to do the entire car. A couple other places I asked wanted a bit more for the track pack. So my guess would be $6000-$6700, if you live in a higher expense area.

· Registered
31 Posts
I had the following covered in Xpel.

Nose. Hood. Front fenders. Behind the front and rear wheels + in front of rear wheels. $1,800.00 + $1,400 for ceramic pro coating. In ATL.

· Registered
89 Posts
Did the whole car in Suntek and tint ran me $4,500

· Premium Member
2,456 Posts
Two experiences with Porsches:

1. 2018 718 CS and had the full front end, backs of mirrors and rocker panels for $2000 using Llumar Ultimate. The job was performed by Park Place Porsche and the first go around there were numerous rolled edges and debris trapped under the PPF. They removed it and reapplied the PPF and it was still a low quality job. Moral of the story, for me, I will never have the dealership perform that kind of work again. Understanding, of course, there may be dealerships out there that do acceptable work.

2. 2019 991.2 GT3-RS and had full coverage to include the headlights and my illuminated carbon fiber door sills for ~5.2K. This work was performed in Austin by Rene who works for Sunbusters and the job was flawless. Have placed about 3K miles on my 3RS and paint/headlights still look brand new/chip free.

The advice I would give is be less concerned about the price and more concerned about the skills of the vendor. It doesn't matter what material they use if their skills are lacking they can screw things up royally.

· Registered
283 Posts
Totally agree with Porsche2018. The installation just done on my 2019 Cayman is flawless. No dust particles, all edges rolled completed under panels.....trimming around headlight cleaners, front emblem, headlights cannot be detected without really searching for it. The work was done in a room specifically built for the application and application of ceramic coatings and it shows.

· Registered
84 Posts
Two experiences with Porsches:

This work was performed in Austin by Rene who works for Sunbusters and the job was flawless. Have placed about 3K miles on my 3RS and paint/headlights still look brand new/chip free.

Just had mine done by Rene as well. His work is impeccable! Thanks for the tip Porsche2018! :D
I had the track kit applied on my 2019 718. The cost was $2100.00. To my surprise, the installer even applied PPF to my side intakes that are painted white. Very nice touch!

While my car was there, I had them apply Llumar Formula One. 35% on the sides and 15% on the back to keep those nasty LED truck lights at bay.:)

When I was at the installers location, he was finishing up a GT2 RS with Weissach Package. I asked the installer what PPF package he got. He told me the track kit - "because the customer was on a budget" I could imagine he was after that purchase!

I was considering having a ceramic coating applied as well, but didn't feel the installer offered a good value. I will do it myself.

· Premium Member
2,456 Posts
Just had mine done by Rene as well. His work is impeccable! Thanks for the tip Porsche2018! :D
I had the track kit applied on my 2019 718. The cost was $2100.00. To my surprise, the installer even applied PPF to my side intakes that are painted white. Very nice touch!

While my car was there, I had them apply Llumar Formula One. 35% on the sides and 15% on the back to keep those nasty LED truck lights at bay.:)

When I was at the installers location, he was finishing up a GT2 RS with Weissach Package. I asked the installer what PPF package he got. He told me the track kit - "because the customer was on a budget" I could imagine he was after that purchase!

I was considering having a ceramic coating applied as well, but didn't feel the installer offered a good value. I will do it myself.
Welcome.......also perplexed that the individual can afford a 2RS and can't afford full coverage. The question then has to be can he afford a 2RS? Was that the Silver 2RS I saw at the dealership yesterday?

· Registered
84 Posts
Welcome.......also perplexed that the individual can afford a 2RS and can't afford full coverage. The question then has to be can he afford a 2RS? Was that the Silver 2RS I saw at the dealership yesterday?
The 2RS I saw was at the Buell Sunbusters location. Apparently it was for a client in Laredo. Rene has some clients that ship their cars to him for PPF.

· Registered
21 Posts
I had mine installed in Perth, Australia for $2,500.

Full front (except the A pillar as it continues all the was to the back), headlight, mirror, 2 side rockers and the air intake + ceramic coating on the full car.

· Registered
4 Posts
I just left my 718 Boxster S to the detailing shop for $6,500 AUD, including paint correction(7 months old car), XPEL Ultimate Plus for full body cover, ceramic coating on the full car, coacting for wheels and brakes, coating/treatment for soft top and interior, 2 dent on wheel repairs included, smoked tail light(could easily remove if I do not like it), two door window and small back window tinted by suntek ceramic film.

The average quote price I've got is around $5,500 AUD XPEL Ultimate Plus + $700 AUD ceramic coating, thus $6,500 including everything is a good value to me.

· Registered
160 Posts
I just left my 718 Boxster S to the detailing shop for $6,500 AUD, including paint correction(7 months old car), XPEL Ultimate Plus for full body cover, ceramic coating on the full car, coacting for wheels and brakes, coating/treatment for soft top and interior, 2 dent on wheel repairs included, smoked tail light(could easily remove if I do not like it), two door window and small back window tinted by suntek ceramic film.

The average quote price I've got is around $5,500 AUD XPEL Ultimate Plus + $700 AUD ceramic coating, thus $6,500 including everything is a good value to me.
Nice one, which shop is doing it for you?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.