Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK-
Y'all have made it abundantly clear you're sick of discussing 718 cup holders.
But I just got my beautiful new 2022 BGTS 4.0 and damned if the driver's side cup holder didn't sag right out of the box.
Do they all do that?
Did the SA do it?
Did the first 16oz water bottle I put in it do it?
Can it be adjusted so that it doesn't list to the left?
Can it be fixed? replaced?
Simple fix or big job?
All input is appreciated.
It's killing' me, especially if I did it.

·
Registered
488 Posts
OK-
Y'all have made it abundantly clear you're sick of discussing 718 cup holders.
Did the SA do it?
Did the first 16oz water bottle I put in it do it?
It's killing' me, especially if I did it.
I don’t mind discussing them , I love them!

I don’t experience your problem so . . .

pics please showing all that you refer to.
inc pic your 16oz bottle fitted and was it ‘fullof water, ie how heavy?

·
Super Moderator
2,455 Posts
I never put anything in mine. (OK, that's a lie, but I reckon I've used them less than 10 times in five years, and not at all for the past two, so I can't remember if one sags.) My advice is just leave them closed. 😀

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
FWIW, we use ours when we are stopped, having a picnic in the car for one reason or another. They also carry the occasional passenger:

I wouldn't dream of putting something as heavy as a 16oz bottle of water in one.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I never put more than a medium sized cup of coffee in mine, large water bottles are way too heavy.
yes, it is a ‘cup’ holder after all, not a large bottle holder, but interesting to see what the OP has been using

Reactions: Chris718T

·
Registered
211 Posts
I tried using mine for the first time yesterday. I debated taking a cup of coffee with me for my first morning ride to break the car in. I had to change Yetti's 3 times to find one to just fit until I finally took a few gulps and left without the coffee. Better off anyway. I just ordered one of these so I can at least carry a sealed water bottle: UltimateCupholders.com - Discount Order

·
Registered
2022 AGM Cayman 2.0 6M
979 Posts
I tried using mine for the first time yesterday. I debated taking a cup of coffee with me for my first morning ride to break the car in. I had to change Yetti's 3 times to find one to just fit until I finally took a few gulps and left without the coffee. Better off anyway. I just ordered one of these so I can at least carry a sealed water bottle: UltimateCupholders.com - Discount Order
Adam-

I bought the 2-pack, decided for now to only use one on the passenger side. I use it for transporting only, meaning my cup of coffee to the office. No active drinking going on. It’s been great for that purpose and is very stable.

The way you insert it up and under the paneling makes me slightly anxious it could warp the plastic there, but I’m not gonna fool with it/worry about it. I move my seat back (2-way SS+) every time I get out, so the location I don’t think would work for the drivers side. If I’m gonna want some water while driving, I bring along an insulated screw top bottle and leave in passenger seat for red light slurps.

If you’re a member of PCA, he offers a discount, FYI.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I do the same thing with my manual seats and also don't like the idea of a water bottle down by my feet, so I planned to also mount just the one on the passenger side.

I got the $5 off on mine too. I hope to have it soon. I like to have a bottle of water with me in the summer. I guess one could move the passenger side seat up slightly and stand up a larger drinking bottle between the seat and the engine cover. Wedged in a bit for stability. hmm.

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
I do the same thing with my manual seats and also don't like the idea of a water bottle down by my feet, so I planned to also mount just the one on the passenger side.

I got the $5 off on mine too. I hope to have it soon. I like to have a bottle of water with me in the summer. I guess one could move the passenger side seat up slightly and stand up a larger drinking bottle between the seat and the engine cover. Wedged in a bit for stability. hmm.
I always carry three Kirkland 500 ml bottles in the glove box, along with my wallet, one in the console with the phone and several in the frunk on longer trips. I probably drink way too much water.

·
Registered
145 Posts

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
A water bottle fits in the center console?
I’m curious too Treemagnet, how do you do that?
Wish our BS was still here so I could include a picture. The Kirkland (Costco) 500 ml bottles are approximately 2 ½” in diameter and 7 ¾” tall. The BS did not have the Smartphone Compartment, so one bottle was a perfect fit in the console with the phone underneath the bottle. My guess is the Smartphone Compartment takes up too much room, so the bottle probably won't fit in the console of our GTS, which is why I'm considering deleting that option. Regardless, I'll still get three bottles in the glove compartment. I may omit

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.