Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very excited that Porsche is going to be building a real enthusiast car. Leasing the BMW just long enough to get my hands on this new Porsche model once I can get an order and delivery for it. Previous car was a 2013 WRX modified but wasn't enough. The BMW is good car and will keep me happy until the next affordable generation Porsche arrives.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Would you trade in your BMW when you get the Porsche, or would you keep it and add to the collection?

Glad to have you on the forum. Should be fun discussing the 718 while we wait for it to actually come to market.

Cheers!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the good words. The M235i is just a stop gap purchase (lease) until the new M2 comes out. Three months after getting the BMW I read about the 718 being developed by Porsche. Always wanted a new Porsche since my first test drive in a new 911 S back in 2005. Just could not justify spending that much money on a new car though. Not a fan of used cars as I had bad luck when I went that route. Now an affordable Porsche with back to basic sports car amenities sounds perfect for what I like in a car. Almost pulled the trigger on a 2013 Caymen S when they first arrived, but that sticker price keep me from doing it. So, now I'm driving an M Performance BMW car that is quite nice, but it is not a real sports car.

·
Registered
459 Posts
M2 will be exciting, especially seeing how good the M235i already, BMW went crazy with showing off of how good it is which makes me wonder what they have in store for the M2!

·
Registered
31 Posts
We traded our 2016 M235xi convertible for the 2017 Boxster 718S and have never looked back! Could not be more thrilled with every aspect of the 718S. The BMW was a wonderful car to drive, fun to drive, quick, lots of power, nice ride, but once you drive the 718S you realize quickly that Porsche got it right!! Again, the BMW was sweet, but not in the same league with our new 718S...we couldn't be happier with it. The only "other" would be the amount of wind entering the cabin with the top down, the BMW windscreen did in fact do a little better job at speeds above 50-55 MPH keeping the wind noise/turbulence out...but such a small price to pay for all the other positives...besides you can wear a ball cap and its unnoticeable.

2017 Macan GTS (Carmine Red)
2017 Boxster 718S (Jet Black)

Attachments

·
Registered
254 Posts
Everytime I see it in jet black, I love it even more. I don't think it hides anything to be honest like it usually does on other cars

·
Registered
31 Posts
Agreed, we came very close to a identical equipped Graphite Blue 718S, it had so many different shades/hues to it in different lighting conditions from bright sun light to in the shade to even artificial lighting. But the more we looked at Jet Black in the same conditions it didn't hide a single line or curve....the choice was easy...the wow factor and mystic of a jet black Porsche won out.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
One more on the show room floor :) but not for long!!

Attachments

·
Registered
254 Posts
One of the first things I would do is take it to a detailer for a wet sand (to get rid of the orange peel), cut/polish, and a paint sealant !

·
Registered
459 Posts
One of the first things I would do is take it to a detailer for a wet sand (to get rid of the orange peel), cut/polish, and a paint sealant !
that should be done right away, book your appointment the same day or day after you take delivery, some people wait a bit but there's no point, do it right away and get it over with.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Pretty much, I agree as well. There's no reason to wait at all for it. The longer you wait, the more expensive the detailer will charge anyhow. I heard of some dealerships that will actually deliver your car to the detailers instead

1 - 12 of 12 Posts