Porsche 718 Forum banner

Current RS3 Owner cross shopping...

10K views 55 replies 15 participants last post by  purekoryo 
My last sports car was a modified STi, so like your RS3 it was a high horsepower, high grip, 4wd. On snow, wet pavement, or dirt it was fun but on dry pavement you had to be going dangerously fast to feel a thrill. I'm hoping the Cayman's chassis and RWD will make it more fun at more reasonable speeds.
As a former owner of an '09 WRX 5-door (which, at the time, out-accelerated the STi of the same year), I can unequivocally verify that the 718 is considerably more fun. :)

Reactions: chester7
Maybe this is a sign for me to get the 718 instead of the Giulia!
Yes. You probably also know by now that the Giulia QV has all manner of reliability and QC issues. (It's an Alfa, after all ... ) Besides: Unless you have an absolute need for four doors, why pay for them?

I was not aware the Guila Quadrifoglio has any issues. But I only follow the Stelvio forum, and have a flawless four cylinder Stelvio.
I know two folks with one. Both have been in the shop for weeks at a time ... and one's been there three times since new about 14 months or so ago.

Based on their experiences and what I've read on both other forums and in (reputable) car mags, it does appear that the QV has a slightly better track record than the standard Guilia. I'd automatically be skeptical if what I'd read was just that -- what I'd read -- but those folks I know (one's a co-worker; the other's the husband of a college classmate) corroborate the rumors. Word is Consumer Reports' data reflects that, too.

A lot of people forget the fun factor that is unique to each cars. That's why you see cars that are half as capable and half the price beat the super cars on some of the "Drivers car awards".

Yes it is something that is not understandable because it's different for everybody. I guess it's a ard to explain until you've driven many different cars. So you might be right that I may end up test driving a miata tomorrow and be completely in love with it.

Also the good / downside of having driven different cars is that you get more and more picky as you progress forward...

If they were to bring back the mitsu Evo IX driving character but with modern technology, that would probably be the car for me.
I like how you think. Other than the 718 (Yes, it's a 'dream car' dating to when I was 7 years old, right down to the color of mine), my 'perfect cars' are either at least twice as expensive (R8 V10, McLaren 570s) or aren't sold on these shores: the rally-derived 'hot hatches' that are still popular in Europe and Japan, and specifically ones with two side doors. I might have a Abarth Biposto, Renault Sport Megane RS Cup, or BMW M135i if they were sold on these shores ...

Reactions: Graustark
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.