Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone knows how the 718 rear spoiler can be deactivated ( besides cutting the the wire ).
The reason I ask is because I installed a GT4 Wing on my 718 Cayman and it really looks weird from the back when the rear spoiler pops up :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, there is no official solution for this except cutting the wire which I'm reluctant to do. However, if you are getting the Techart spoiler. They have a workaround solution. They have a small mechanical device that cheats the ECU in believing that the spoiler is being activated when it hit 120km/h. So from the ECU perspective, the spoiler is being activated but in actual fact, it is not.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Having driven multiple VAG products over the years, it would surprise me that there isn't some way to code a module to deactivate it. (I know Porsches are different than VAG products)

In a VW or Audi this would be as simple as changing a byte on the body controller or spoiler controller.

·
Premium Member
1,441 Posts
I find it hard to believe that there is not a connector at the motor which operates the wing. I would think that one could just unplug at the motor VS. cutting a wire?

Edit: wow this is an old thread that was revived!

·
Registered
188 Posts
I am wondering whether there's a fuse for control of the spoiler. If that can be removed, then the spoiler in essence has power shut off without wire being cut. In another word, you are cutting the wire at the fuse. Perhaps the fuse is by the Soundaktor fuse.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I may be misremembering, but seem to recall someone else stating that it was not a dedicated fuse for the spoiler.
It was on a circuit with something else.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Individual mode (steering wheel) mode selector > spoiler
turns the thing on, so the thing is under software control.
Just need to find the reverse logic ...so to speak.

·
Registered
59 Posts
So I searched up Techart's instruction manual for the 718 spoiler deactivation procedure. Looks like they just replace a plastic lever in the spoiler motor assembly, so even if the motor is activated, the spoiler won't come up.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Does anyone knows how the 718 rear spoiler can be deactivated ( besides cutting the the wire ).
The reason I ask is because I installed a GT4 Wing on my 718 Cayman and it really looks weird from the back when the rear spoiler pops up :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Reviving this thread - does anyone know how to keep the spoiler from activating without cutting any wires/ installing mechanical workarounds? Don't have a Techart spoiler, for what it's worth.

·
Registered
119 Posts
If you have access to a PIWIS or can convince a dealer, to code it, you can code it to activate at 250 km/h. Doesn't appear that you can go any higher. I have not done it, but have seen the coding values when I was in there messing around.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Reviving this thread - does anyone know how to keep the spoiler from activating without cutting any wires/ installing mechanical workarounds? Don't have a Techart spoiler, for what it's worth.
The fuse also powers other components, you can however just disconnect the snap together connector in the loom behind the carpet - 2 minutes job.

Cheers ALB

1 - 16 of 16 Posts