Porsche 718 Forum banner

Deactivate Rear Spoiler

14K views 17 replies 17 participants last post by  not2kosher 
#1 ·
Does anyone knows how the 718 rear spoiler can be deactivated ( besides cutting the the wire ).
The reason I ask is because I installed a GT4 Wing on my 718 Cayman and it really looks weird from the back when the rear spoiler pops up :)

#3 ·
Nope, there is no official solution for this except cutting the wire which I'm reluctant to do. However, if you are getting the Techart spoiler. They have a workaround solution. They have a small mechanical device that cheats the ECU in believing that the spoiler is being activated when it hit 120km/h. So from the ECU perspective, the spoiler is being activated but in actual fact, it is not.

#4 ·
Having driven multiple VAG products over the years, it would surprise me that there isn't some way to code a module to deactivate it. (I know Porsches are different than VAG products)

In a VW or Audi this would be as simple as changing a byte on the body controller or spoiler controller.

#17 ·
I know I am reviving an old thread but I stumbled on it while looking for an answer myself. I ended up contacting my local Porsche dealer and they confirmed they can simply deactivate it through the software for a 1hr shop rate of around $195 for those interested. I didnt want to have to physically modify mine so that was good news.