Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Porsche Boxster

Votes: 11 64.7%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm seeing that the pricing and all are fairly somewhat similar.

If you had the choice between the two, what would you pick and why?

Also what color :D

Start voting ! :)

Porsche Cayman or Porsche Boxter

·
Registered
157 Posts
I'd go with the boxster because the top is removable. The Cayman GT4 sounds great with it's ability to corner very well so you can enjoy the rider but I would just like to enjoy it with the top down.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd go with the boxster because the top is removable. The Cayman GT4 sounds great with it's ability to corner very well so you can enjoy the rider but I would just like to enjoy it with the top down.
Yeah I prefer the boxster too. I would get this as my summer ride~ :D

·
Registered
459 Posts
Fortunately even the Boxster is good enough for most owners, it's just that most enthusiasts into racing, motorsports and want something true to what's required in motorsports... a coupe is idea, it fits the criteria.

Where are you planning to drive your Boxter? Mostly city/highway?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fortunately even the Boxster is good enough for most owners, it's just that most enthusiasts into racing, motorsports and want something true to what's required in motorsports... a coupe is idea, it fits the criteria.

Where are you planning to drive your Boxter? Mostly city/highway?
Yeah as much as I would love to track the car, the tracks are too far and I'm always caught up in work. So yes... the boxter would be a city drive :)

·
Registered
157 Posts
I would take it on curvy and scenic roads since track isn't really my thing and I wouldn't do it with a convertible. If you ultimately want a car for the track then the cayman would be better with an actual top for more protection in case of a rollover.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would take it on curvy and scenic roads since track isn't really my thing and I wouldn't do it with a convertible. If you ultimately want a car for the track then the cayman would be better with an actual top for more protection in case of a rollover.
That's true, here in Canada, when we track a convertible, we must wear protective head gear.

Definitely, agree on the curvy and scenic roads like the mountains! :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just placed my order for a 718 Boxster S. Exterior and interior color choices were difficult. I finally made my decision to go with something different and went with Miami Blue with Agate Grey interior. Miami Blue production won't begin until July, I was told by Porsche.
I have owned a number of Porsches, from 356's to Boxsters/Spyders to 911's. It's hard to imagine that this 718 S has better performance numbers than the new Boxster Spyder. Despite the flat 4, it seems like quite the car.

·
Super Moderator
1,543 Posts
Already chosen--Racing Yellow Boxster.
Why?--Having a sunroof on my last car made me realise how much I missed the convertible that Dad had when I was 17.

Greg

1 - 18 of 18 Posts