Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All - I bought a CPO 718 S in January and have had a few issues with the car. One is the passenger window rolls up that final quarter inch about 30 seconds after the drivers door is closed. It closes completely when the passenger door is closed, then rolls up again after the drivers door closes. I have taken this to my local dealer twice and they say it's normal but I just dont find that believable. Do any of you also experience a delayed window closure? Normal?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Do a Window reset.
1.Roll the windows down and hold the button down for 10 seconds.
2.Roll the window up and hold the button up for 10 seconds.

The window settings should be reset and everything work as it should.

Dan.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do a Window reset.
1.Roll the windows down and hold the button down for 10 seconds.
2.Roll the window up and hold the button up for 10 seconds.

The window settings should be reset and everything work as it should.

Dan.
Thanks Dan. Just tried to re-set per your instructions and the passenger window still closes on a 30 second delay, not when the door is closed. Wondering what else might solve this issue...

·
Registered
337 Posts
Ok. Try this. It worked for someone else

‘lower the window all the way, take finger off button, re-apply finger and hold button down for 5 seconds. Then: raise window all the way, take finger off button, re-apply finger and hold button up for 5 seconds.’

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok. Try this. It worked for someone else

‘lower the window all the way, take finger off button, re-apply finger and hold button down for 5 seconds. Then: raise window all the way, take finger off button, re-apply finger and hold button up for 5 seconds.’
Thanks Dan, tried that too, also doesn't change it. Wondering if its a sensor fault or how the window is sitting in the door... I noticed the top rubber trim on the passenger door is different than on the drivers door. Wondering if that could be why there is a problem. Driver door has a lip to catch the window while the passenger does not...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Dan, tried that too, also doesn't change it. Wondering if its a sensor fault or how the window is sitting in the door... I noticed the top rubber trim on the passenger door is different than on the drivers door. Wondering if that could be why there is a problem. Driver door has a lip to catch the window while the passenger does not...

·
Registered
519 Posts
I actually just noticed my car doing this yesterday. Get in the car and close the door, then shortly after I hear the passenger window move into position.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Mine is slightly different. Normal behavior is get out of the car and 2-3 seconds later you hear the windows go up to fully close. Now, the driver side keeps lowering. Passenger door opens, driver side drops a bit. Passenger door closes and open driver's door, window drops further. Closing the driver's door will raise the window only a little bit leaving a big gap. It just started happening this week. Anyone else experience something like this before? I will try the reset methods and see if it helps.

·
Super Moderator
1,777 Posts
Mine is slightly different. Normal behavior is get out of the car and 2-3 seconds later you hear the windows go up to fully close. Now, the driver side keeps lowering. Passenger door opens, driver side drops a bit. Passenger door closes and open driver's door, window drops further. Closing the driver's door will raise the window only a little bit leaving a big gap. It just started happening this week. Anyone else experience something like this before? I will try the reset methods and see if it helps.
I had the same issue. I took it back to the shop and the dealer said "Oops, must have happened when we had the battery disconnected. Easy fix—window up all the way, release, push 'up' for 10 seconds; window all the way down, release, push 'down' for 10 seconds. Repeat with other window." I've never had a re-occurrence.

BTW—if it happened out of nowhere I'd be checking the charge in the battery (an option in the multi-function display).

·
Registered
53 Posts
I had the same issue. I took it back to the shop and the dealer said "Oops, must have happened when we had the battery disconnected. Easy fix—window up all the way, release, push 'up' for 10 seconds; window all the way down, release, push 'down' for 10 seconds. Repeat with other window." I've never had a re-occurrence.

BTW—if it happened out of nowhere I'd be checking the charge in the battery (an option in the multi-function display).
Thanks Greg. Just did this and looks like the windows are closing properly again. I did disconnect the battery to put on the seat front tilt brackets. Much more supportive of my thigh with them on but then my lower leg is a little short and made clutch activation harder. Had to take them off unfortunately and will be putting them up for sale soon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts