Porsche 718 Forum banner

Do you have an Instagram for you car?

5K views 45 replies 31 participants last post by  cratervanawesome 
#1 ·
After what felt like I was annoying my personal Instagram followers, I decided to create a page purely for all things car related 😂 Has anyone else done this?

Share away, or give me a follow…

Login • Instagram
Yellow Orange Amber Font Material property

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
That's a new level that I think some are just not ready to go there! I think Instagram should stay for cuties showing off their new bathing suit...ok, this is a car forum so maybe their new bathing suit on top of their new 718! Let's keep some level of dignity here! :);) I'm just kidding OP, share away, love seeing the new stuff out there. The first shark blue Cayman picture I saw was on IG so post the away! Still looking for a picture of a Cayman T in Shark Blue with T decal and, painted side scoops and non LED headlights if anyone out there has one...post it!

#20 ·
Someone above said female

What are you confused about? Someone above said they would be down to basically follow a girls 718 page if they were wearing a bathing suit.. then the other guy said preferably female also or something or rather. I said follow me but I wear clothes. Basically a joke. Maybe I miss read something or you didn’t read anything before my post. But either way after a few conversations with some of you on here I clearly see why so many people said stay off this forum, 🤦🏽‍♀️ It kinda sucks because I thought it might be a cool place to meet fellow cayman owners but many of you are rude and jerks.. not just to me but to one another and have nothing nice to say about anything,

Kinda sad.. Maybe the guys and girls on the Urus forum or the 9ya forum are more fun, down to earth, and easy going. Not so 🤨

#21 ·
After what felt like I was annoying my personal Instagram followers, I decided to create a page purely for all things car related 😂 Has anyone else done this?

Share away, or give me a follow…

Login • Instagram View attachment 38980
I did the same. Just to keep all the car stuff
separate. Otherwise all my real mates just get sick of seeing my car 😂

IG @porschepurple

#29 · (Edited)
Hey there! I know this is an old thread, but I just wanted to chime in and say that I totally get where you're coming from. I used to flood my personal Instagram feed with car pics too, and it definitely felt like I was annoying my friends and family who weren't car enthusiasts. Creating a separate page for your car content is a great idea! I did the same thing, and it's been awesome to connect with other car enthusiasts and share my love for cars without feeling like I'm being a bother. Btw, have you ever thought about trying to grow your account and become an influencer? There is an Instagram influencer marketing agency out there that connects brands with social media influencers, so who knows - you might be able to turn your love for cars into something more. Anyway, just my 2 cents to revive this thread.

This post has been deleted
#32 ·
That's a smart move to create a separate Instagram page dedicated to all things car-related. It's a great way to connect with fellow car enthusiasts without feeling like you're bombarding your followers with car content!
Idk. I don’t agree. Obviously just my opinion. But I don’t want a separate personal gram, one for cars, one for watches, one for travel, one for boating, one for sports etc. lol.

#33 ·
I have an IG and a FB account, both pretty much dormant and lifeless, almost fossil like.

I kind of like interacting with like minded folk via specific media, like this very forum. Did a similar thing with my Z4 (Z4 forums is such a friendly place!).

But I'm at that difficult age, I like to share but with laser like specificity.

Think if I had a trade that depended on the exposure (say, I was a photographer) then yup I'd be all over the social media like a rash.

#41 ·
Wow. I just stumbled across this thread.
My grams tend to be more lugubrious than instant, and they weigh quite a bit more than a gram too.
So I guess I don't have any.

#42 ·
Also, IG has helped me with meeting other 718 owners all over the world, products for the 718 never talked about here in the forums, gained new sponsorships(BlackVue, TAKD, Weathertech, Auto Amatuer, SCM Carbon, PorscheModSquad, GuageFace, RaggDollMotorsports) and was my ticket to be part of SEMA 2023 and now SEMA 2024! And IG helped launch my YouTube channel which helped me reach more 718 owners who don't use IG as a means to communicate with me and my love for modifying and taking my 718 to new levels

#44 · (Edited)
Ya I think social media is what you make of it and can literally be the best networking tool on the planet. Algorithms are a big thing too you got to click on only the things you are interested in for me it’s pets, real-estate and cars (preferably Porsche.) because of that my stream is nothing but those things.

I got sponsored by Dodson Racing and several other big companies (and became distributors for them and many other big companies) because they seen my profile and networking ability.

And it’s the reason I told Vince we should talk to you @lsturbointeg (not because of your post here but your following on IG.) I’ve since met many of your friends and done buisness with them.🏎💨💨