Porsche 718 Forum banner

Do you want the Porsche 718 to come with 3D Tail Lights?

• Total voters
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since seeing these on the Macan I couldn't get over how amazing they look and is something I really want to see on the all-new Porsche 718. How many of you like Porsche's 3D tail light design and want to see it on the 718?

·
Registered
222 Posts
I think that those tailights are really cool too. I have a bit of doubt if they will show up on the 718 for two reasons.

First, the back of the Macan is much different from the back of the 718 because one is a CUV and the other is not. This could be an issue as far as design goes. It can't be directly translated.

The second issue is that cutting a feature like this seems like a great way to save money for a car that is meant to be the most affordable in the lineup.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Its not high on my list, but I wont complain! What the Cayman has going on is not to shabby either...

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think that those tailights are really cool too. I have a bit of doubt if they will show up on the 718 for two reasons.

First, the back of the Macan is much different from the back of the 718 because one is a CUV and the other is not. This could be an issue as far as design goes. It can't be directly translated.

The second issue is that cutting a feature like this seems like a great way to save money for a car that is meant to be the most affordable in the lineup.
Seems like you think i'm asking for them to use these exact tail lights on the 718, that is not what I'm trying to get at here. For that reason the design of both vehicles is completely irrelevant.

It's either they will stick with what ever tail light design they have planned for the 718 that is built like any of their traditional tail lights or if they will go the 3D route with that design.

How is this a way to save money?
This is actually going to cost them more to make than a traditional tail light, when it comes to the molding process this is much more complex. It's something they can justify charging more for.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I think that I like the Cayman taillights better. They would match better with the body type of the 718 IMO.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I really like how the spoiler melds with the taillights on the Clubman. Very well-designed.

We could still get some taillights that we haven't even seen before though. We could also get some inspired by the 718 racecar.

Well, maybe not...

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^ great point.

Being a completely new car to the brand they can use this as an opportunity to do something not consistent with what their other models have.

The idea of round tail lights is great, but i'm thinking it may be hard for them to do something with it with porsche's current design language.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Maybe they could find a way to integrate that rear grille though. I think that would be an interesting design feature.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
that would be awesome, with porsche's current design language, i can see how they may be able to fit that into it. too bad i am no photoshop guru that could render it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts