Porsche 718 Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Thanks everyone for the informative and entertaining feedback. 馃槂 So I confirmed that I do not have the Bose settings in my menu so because of that I do not have the Bose system. Why there are Bose logos on my door panels will be a mystery but not a big deal. It's a CPO car with almost 4 years of warranty so highly unlikely the door panels have been replaced or there has ever been any water damage. The remainder of the interior is mint. The base system sounds fine to me for as little as I will be using it.

Registered
Thanks everyone for the informative and entertaining feedback. 馃槂 So I confirmed that I do not have the Bose settings in my menu so because of that I do not have the Bose system. Why there are Bose logos on my door panels will be a mystery but not a big deal. It's a CPO car with almost 4 years of warranty so highly unlikely the door panels have been replaced of there has ever been any water damage. The remainder of the interior is mint. The base system sounds fine to me for as little as I will be using it.
Glad we could help. Enjoy your little Beast!馃槂

Super Moderator
Considering my second car was a '74 VW Beetle, which had actual vinyl-wrapped cardboard 'door cards' that basically popped in and out of the door itself ... I reserve the right to use the term to describe all interior door panels for life. :p

Registered
Haha! My first car was a pathetic 1968 VW bug that I bought for $25 and sold a year later for the same price. Believe it or not, I got screwed. It had no bumpers. It had been painted with a can or two of K-mart Bright Beauty red, but the windows or tires were not masked off and the over spray indicated the painter was pretty drunk during the job. One tire had huge dry-rotted cracks in it and a two-inch white wall. A rubber dog ball with half of it chewed off was stuck under the accelerator so the pedal would come back up. The clutch was so worn that I didn't use it half the time. The interior was cloth and was so rotted that it hung down in shreds, as if you were constantly driving through an old rain forest or jungle. The upholstery on the seats was so cracked and brittle, that if you didn't sit in them properly, your family jewels were in danger of being stolen. The block was cracked so that every so often, the engine would seize up, locking the rear wheels. I'd go spend a quarter on a quart of bulk used oil (yes, you could buy that) and by the time I had walked there, bought the oil, and returned, the engine would have cooled down enough that I could pour it in and it would start right up. That model year didn't have a gas gauge in it. It had a little right-angle rod in front of the shifter that gave you a reserved gallon of gas to find a filling station. Of course, being teens, my friends thought it was great fun to kick it over when I wasn't looking so that when I ran out of gas and went to kick it over, it was already kicked. It truly was such a pathetic car, that when I was downtown, I would drive up on the sidewalk and park it at bike racks and I was never given a ticket!

So yes, @Viffermike, I bow to your right to use the term "door cards"!

Registered
...So I confirmed that I do not have the Bose settings in my menu so because of that I do not have the Bose system. Why there are Bose logos on my door panels will be a mystery but not a big deal.
So you didn't notice those little green men who came down from the sky on a power ray and invaded your car one night? How could you miss it??

The only seemingly Bose-specific feature I keep engaged on my system is automatic volume adjustment based on the car's interior noise level. It's a neat feature but not perfect and not essential. If you the usual treble, bass, and LR balance controls you will be just fine!

Registered
2018 718 Boxster GTS
My 2018 BGTS lists it as an option: 9VL F BOSE庐 Surround Sound System

21 - 29 of 29 Posts