Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I did the 718 Cayman S driving experience at PEC LA. I did this to help take the edge off of waiting for my car, and since I've never had a car like this I figured a little extra driving instruction couldn't hurt. It was EPIC! I had so much fun. If you can make it to LA and you've never had formal high performance driving training I highly recommend it.

One really nice thing the did, since I'm signed up to take delivery there, is they hooked me up with one of the 3 drivers who do delivery driver instruction. He was really grate and we had way too much fun. I can't wait to go down there again and get my car. :)

· Registered
274 Posts
I was at the PEC Atlanta this past Wednesday. Had a great time, though it went too fast. I drove a 718 Cayman S manual....since I own a manual. I wouldn't mind going again someday. It would also be fun to go to the Porsche Driving School in Alabama.

· Registered
720 Posts
We really enjoyed the Atlanta PEC also. And yes, it went too fast.

I was especially glad to do it since I shared the time with my wife (she would have never done something like this otherwise....and believe me, I've tried to get her).

I had a good time exchanging ideas with the instructor. I do instruction in vintage racing (in fact, I'm instructing for 3 days at Summit Point next week). It was fun to compare notes with the PEC instructor and I got some useful ideas.

· Registered
274 Posts
There was also a corporate outing that day.....so there were drivers of varying skill levels. Some drove rather leisurely while others much quicker. But the main point was to have fun and learn something.....which I did.

· Registered
153 Posts
Guaji, we pick up our CGTS in two weeks at Atlanta PEC, any tips / recommendations you can make? Also did you stay at the Solís Hotel next door? Apparently they have mandatory valet parking for $25.00 and I’m not sure that is something that I want to do. Anybody’s else’s input would also be welcome, thanks.

· Registered
720 Posts
We stayed at the Atlanta Airport Marriott. It was fine. Took Uber to PEC (our first and only Uber ride ever).
Then drove our new Porsche back to Marriott (but I think you could leave at PEC and Uber back the next day and take it then....check with them).

No valet parking at the Marriot. They have a parking deck which was fairly empty when we were there in early December. We parked at an "end of row" spot in an empty part of the garage. Another guy heard us talking to the receptionist at the Marriot about PEC and said he'd noticed our Cayman. He was a 911 owner and approved of our "far away" parking.

You can see some info about our trip here:

http://vintageracer.tripod.com/trip.html

· Premium Member
1,891 Posts
Guaji, we pick up our CGTS in two weeks at Atlanta PEC, any tips / recommendations you can make? Also did you stay at the Solís Hotel next door? Apparently they have mandatory valet parking for $25.00 and I’m not sure that is something that I want to do. Anybody’s else’s input would also be welcome, thanks.
There's another thread that contains descriptions of the PEC Atlanta experience; I believe it was started by @aeronca65tl . That thread includes some impressions on hotel accommodations and predated the Solis opening.

PEC Atlanta is located right next to the busiest airport in the Western Hemisphere, which is in a part of Atlanta that is not, shall we say, high on the socioeconomic ladder. I would strongly encourage taking advantage of the valet parking at the hotel, particularly since it was built as part of the PEC Atlanta development. The staff there will surely be quite respectful of the cars -- particularly if they are P-cars -- and since the hotel is new, the staff is almost certainly being watched very carefully.

When I did PEC Atlanta last September, I stayed at a Drury Inn on the other side of the north part of the airport. I had no issues, but again: It is not the best part of Atlanta. If you're not comfortable with cruising around ethnically mixed lower-income neighborhoods (I am, within logical reason), best to play it safe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.