Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
I liked that the Cayman was slightly up on both horsepower and torque over the stated figures. :)

·
Registered
211 Posts
The rest of that comparison test in on drivetribe. A drag race between the TT-RS, Cayman S and M2 had the TT-RS killing the other 2 cars. Only problem with that result is that the Audi had an autotrans and launch control, whereas the Cayman was a stick (no launch control). They did a track run and the Cayman beat both the Audi and the M2. Of course, negative comments about the turbo4 sound (again).

·
Registered
311 Posts
The rest of that comparison test in on drivetribe. A drag race between the TT-RS, Cayman S and M2 had the TT-RS killing the other 2 cars. Only problem with that result is that the Audi had an autotrans and launch control, whereas the Cayman was a stick (no launch control). They did a track run and the Cayman beat both the Audi and the M2. Of course, negative comments about the turbo4 sound (again).
Yes the sound thing. Now there are those on the Macan Forum comparing the 718 driving experience to that of a Macan GTS--really?Another posted that the 718 sounds like a "wet fart." The haters are not just confined to Planet 9. ha ha

·
Registered
211 Posts
Yes the sound thing. Now there are those on the Macan Forum comparing the 718 driving experience to that of a Macan GTS--really?Another posted that the 718 sounds like a "wet fart." The haters are not just confined to Planet 9. ha ha
You know it's funny - when I used to drive my Cayman GTS, I sometimes felt a little embarrassed because the car sounded so loud and potent, but really wasn't. I mean if you're gonna sound like a Ferrari, you might as well be as quick as one.

Yes, the 718 exhaust sound is more subdued, but this car hauls ass!

Can you imagine what the 718 S would have done to the GT4 if it were running on identical tires?

Is the 718 the Rodney Dangerfield of the Porsche line-up? ;)

·
Registered
311 Posts
You know it's funny - when I used to drive my Cayman GTS, I sometimes felt a little embarrassed because the car sounded so loud and potent, but really wasn't. I mean if you're gonna sound like a Ferrari, you might as well be as quick as one.

Yes, the 718 exhaust sound is more subdued, but this car hauls ass!

Can you imagine what the 718 S would have done to the GT4 if it were running on identical tires?

Is the 718 the Rodney Dangerfield of the Porsche line-up? ;)
So true!!! I love the analogy. Here is a trip down memory lane--well for some of us.;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts