Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am guessing that my e-Brake must have developed a rust spot after washing and prolonged parking.

I washed my car, and then put it away for what turned into a month while a series of snow storms and bad weather blew through. Today was a nice day, and I went out for a drive. As I backed out of my garage, the car stopped and resisted further movement. With some repeated forth and back, I got it to move completely out of the garage.

For the first several miles, there was a rubbing sound from the rear at once per wheel revolution. I stopped and checked under and around the car. Nothing seemed wrong. The noise gradually went away. I assume that whatever was rubbing eventually developed a clearance. I cycled the e-Brake several times, and it seems fine.

Have any of you ever encountered something similar?

thanks, Cap

·
Registered
260 Posts
Yep. Something similar happened to me after the first winter storing mine, shortly after it's final carwash of the year. I was so used to setting the parking brake that I didn't think about it for a couple of months. It took a little extra effort to move the car at first, but no harm done. I now just leave it in gear when it's covered.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Yep. Something similar happened to me after the first winter storing mine, shortly after it's final carwash of the year. I was so used to setting the parking brake that I didn't think about it for a couple of months. It took a little extra effort to move the car at first, but no harm done. I now just leave it in gear when it's covered.
Yeah, not much need for a parking brake if it is on a level surface and you place it in gear.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts