Porsche 718 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Went "all" out with this one: Replaced the 718 Center Cap Set with the brightly colored ones (I think they're colored)<fireworks; loud clapping> and <drum roll> installed Porsche Color Valve Stem caps! I feel like a bloody engineer.... not.....

And, yes to the coming query, I did remember to point the bottom of the crest at the valve stem......

I'm such a noob...... Doesn't take much to get my pacemaker going.....
We need pictures! :)

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
OK, it's pictures you want? You shall have... First is the wheel followed by close up of the stem cap. And yes, the wheels need additional cleaning. I'll get on it in the morning...... <tough crowd>
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Locking hubs

Motor vehicle Bumper Car Automotive exterior Automotive design

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Lol so if I pull up at a light next to another Porsche and he's not giving me the ✌ but instead looking down at my wheels I'm being judged?
Of course! We Porsche drivers are so judgmental. We have a reputation to uphold!

·
Registered
2018 718 Cayman GTS
55 Posts
It doesn't drive like a lemon... does the center cap orientation have more of an affect on cornering or is it an acceleration type thing?

Maybe they were correct, but then shifted due to the super loud vibrations from opening the exhaust sleeve from 2mm to 6mm earlier today? 🤔

I think I have to go back to the 2mm now. Maybe the center caps will straighten back out and I'll be able to think straight in sport mode again... 😉

·
Premium Member
2022 Spyder GT Ag
1,302 Posts
It doesn't drive like a lemon... does the center cap orientation affect more of a cornering thing or acceleration type thing?

Maybe they were correct, but then shifted due to the super loud vibrations from opening the exhaust sleeve from 2mm to 6mm earlier today? 🤔

I think I have to go back to the 2mm now. Maybe the center caps will straighten back out and I'll be able to think straight in sport mode again... 😉
You opened up that exhaust and it added so much torque that you literally rotated the tires about the wheel.

At least that's the story you can tell all these judgmental Porsche folks.

·
Registered
21 Boxster GTS 4.0 - Night Blue
374 Posts
just don't do a concours and you'll be fine. I had no idea before a a few weeks ago either. The horror when i realized I just slapped my crest back on the wheel any ol' way. Luckily she was squirreled away in my (still) unpainted garage :) and I fixed with no one noticing.

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
The shame I feel right now. All 4 of mine are off... :(

Porsche of Santa Clarita sent it this way and now I'm so embarrased. View attachment 37746
I'd take it back for a new one.... What a way to start the New Year..... Too much fun.....

Reactions: jimmuller

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Lol so if I pull up at a light next to another Porsche and he's not giving me the ✌ but instead looking down at my wheels I'm being judged?
You be the judge! I told you it's going to change the way you look at every Porsche going forward. I'm so sorry my friends. Did I mention the word "Epic?"

·
Registered
410 Posts
So guys and galls. I have 2 spot on and 2 that could do better.
Silly question of the week. How are you all removing the shields? Is there a special tool somewhere?

Thanks all

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Silly question of the week. How are you all removing the shields? Is there a special tool somewhere?

Thanks all
I use this kit from Amazon (the small 90 degree works perfectly). Amazon.com

Reactions: Robsx

·
Registered
1,830 Posts

Thanks all
The center caps? They are just plastic inserts which snap into place. You can push them out from the inside (after you remove the wheel, duh). You can also just rotate them by inserting small shafts into the holes. A pair of nails of sufficiently small diameter will work.

Reactions: Raven and Robsx

·
Registered
410 Posts
Thanks Raven, thanks Jim. I hadn't had a good look at them. On our others cars it's a wheel off job and push from the inside. But this sounds easy, will sort it when back from work.

Said it was a silly question o_O

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm literally sitting in a dealer service lobby as I type looking at all the cars in the bays. Mine, with it's shabby looking winter wheels, is the only nonconformist in the batch. I feel so ashamed 🤣

I'm wondering if they will straighten them out before they give me the car back.

21 - 40 of 86 Posts