Porsche 718 Forum banner
61 - 80 of 86 Posts

Registered
Aren't they supposed to rotate with the wheel? Otherwise when you stop they won't point to the filler cap unless you stop in exactly the right place.
Yes you are correct. By rotate, I meant the cap moving independent of the wheel, not in concert with the wheel. Sometimes the caps dont have a very snug fit and can move around after driving (i.e. you install the cap pointing at the valve stem but then after a drive the crest is pointing somewhere else). So to prevent it from moving a small dab of silicon will keep it in place.

Registered
Um, @gatorfast you should check in with CaymanMatt...

Registered
2018 Boxster GTS
A smallish allen key and a pair of pliers to grip it. I also used a very slight smear of grease (special Porsche grease of course) on the flanges to make them snap back in easier.
I did that on my Macan.
My allen key broke and is now a part of my wheel. Maybe it fell out the other side. 馃し鈥嶁檪锔

Registered
2021 Boxster
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
The stars are aligning. We'll be the only Forum with properly dressed wheel hubs.

Premium Member
2019 base Cayman
Well @Robsx I for one can now rest easy knowing your Porsche emblem is properly aligned with both your valve stem AND your security bolt! (Big sigh!!) My dealership is replacing my front tires this morning (and doing my 30K mile maintenance) and I am looking forward to in what shape my wheels are returned to me.

• Haha
Reactions: Raven and Robsx

Registered
2021 Boxster
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Well @Robsx I for one can now rest easy knowing your Porsche emblem is properly aligned with both your valve stem AND your security bolt! (Big sigh!!) My dealership is replacing my front tires this morning (and doing my 30K mile maintenance) and I am looking forward to in what shape my wheels are returned to me.
<drum roll>

Premium Member
2019 base Cayman
<drum roll>
Well, not much. When I first heard about this thing, I rushed down to my car and everything was fine with the emblem pointing to the air stem. Go to the track a couple of times and check your lug nut torques, you soon learn the value of having the security bolts behind the rounded part of the emblem.

Registered
2021 Boxster
Discussion Starter · #74 ·

Registered
'18 718 CS, Pdk, Night Blue met. Agate grey int. 14 way H/V seats20" Carrera, PSE, PrmPkg
no, i meant on the one picture, the valve stem is between lug nuts, but the carrera 20 wheel, the valve and lug nut are in the same line

View attachment 37939
That's the way I have security lug with valve stem on 20"s.
Easier to see for torquing.
If the center covers don't move, you're not driving fast enough. Remove covers for serious track anyway, as they're plastic?

The non-P indi I got new front tires mounted up with actually took notice followed the program without me mentioning it.

61 - 80 of 86 Posts