Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Looks like fun, but a bit of oversteer in a few corners which suggest to me you should be able to go a bit faster if you can dial that out.

I've been wanting to try a 305 tire on the rear and wider on the front but my workshop seems to think the rear is getting very close to the guard. Just wondering what your wheel offset is and width? I assume the tyre is a 305/35/19?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I'm using the Apex SM-10 in 19x9 ET50 front, 19x11 ET46 rear.

BTW, my fastest laps always have a couple moments like that. If I drive smoother, I generally go slower ;)

-- Ed
Thanks great info, camber plates would help the tires to clear the guards. What camber are you running?

My calculation is on the front compared to the OEM Carrera S wheels you have 6mm less inner clearance and extend 20mm out, and on the rear 14mm less inner clearance and extend 12mm out. But this will also depend on whether you have more camber from adjustment at the bottom vs camber plates at the top. Do you have any photos of how close the wheels are to the guards?

Your tires are also smaller diameter than stock so that would also be helping them to fit! I'm wondering if you could run 305 with 20x11" in a 30 profile.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
EQT 718 GTS - Thunderhill West with OnGrid 3/20/22.

Set a new PB of 1:21.3 and took 2 seconds off the previous best time for this car. Very happy with how the 718 felt. This round we added SPL suspension bits and got the alignment dialed in nicely. Seems to be working! Once these tires are done, I'll put on a set of R7's and see if we can get a sub 1:20.

2018 Porsche Cayman GTS (2.5T)
EQT E30 Tune
Downpipe
Ohlins Coilovers
SPL Arms and Links
GT4 Style wing and scoops
Apex 19" Wheels with Goodyear 3R's (305 rear, 265 front)

Thanks
-- Ed
I just noticed you were running the 18" Apex wheels before with 295/255. I was looking at getting the 18s and running those sizes, but just wondering how much benefit you obtained from going a little wider in the 19s? I'm thinking maybe with your tune the larger rubber is better but on the stock tune maybe not much benefit with the larger tires? I notice 18s kind of max out at 295s.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts