Porsche 718 Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
EQT 718 GTS - Thunderhill West with OnGrid 3/20/22.

Set a new PB of 1:21.3 and took 2 seconds off the previous best time for this car. Very happy with how the 718 felt. This round we added SPL suspension bits and got the alignment dialed in nicely. Seems to be working! Once these tires are done, I'll put on a set of R7's and see if we can get a sub 1:20.

2018 Porsche Cayman GTS (2.5T)
EQT E30 Tune
Downpipe
Ohlins Coilovers
SPL Arms and Links
GT4 Style wing and scoops
Apex 19" Wheels with Goodyear 3R's (305 rear, 265 front)

Thanks
-- Ed
I just noticed you were running the 18" Apex wheels before with 295/255. I was looking at getting the 18s and running those sizes, but just wondering how much benefit you obtained from going a little wider in the 19s? I'm thinking maybe with your tune the larger rubber is better but on the stock tune maybe not much benefit with the larger tires? I notice 18s kind of max out at 295s.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I just noticed you were running the 18" Apex wheels before with 295/255. I was looking at getting the 18s and running those sizes, but just wondering how much benefit you obtained from going a little wider in the 19s? I'm thinking maybe with your tune the larger rubber is better but on the stock tune maybe not much benefit with the larger tires? I notice 18s kind of max out at 295s.
I like the 19's to reduce the sidewall a bit to sharpen up turn in. But I was running A052's on the 18's which have a notoriously soft wall. I imagine a different tire may work better on those. I still have my 18's sitting in the shop. Make a reasonable offer if you're interested.

-- Ed

·
Registered
2018 718 Cayman GTS
38 Posts
Hello Ed,

I wrote an email to you guys about the GTS Stage tunes you offer on your site, I am very interested since I mainly do track days with my 2018 GTS (MT) and I find the OTS Cobb tune a bit punchy in the low-mid range and was wondering if your tune would feel better ?

Thanks !

21 - 24 of 24 Posts