Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I received a recall letter from Porsche UK ref WMH7/2022
To “retrofit or replace air inlet grill”

I had this initial recall mod done “to reduce likelihood of eg burning cigarette ends drawn into the side air grilles” a couple of years ago so I am assuming that they have realised the mod grille mesh was still not fine enough, quote :

“Further optimised protective grilles with even tighter-meshed inlets are available now fir your vehicle to further reduce risk of damage occurring”

anyone else has this letter?

Reactions: forevermanual

·
Registered
236 Posts
Yeah. Got the same. I don’t smoke nor do any of my family and I wouldn’t let passengers smoke either but still going to get it done.

·
Premium Member
2019 base Cayman
1,700 Posts
Just heard about it this afternoon when I took my car in for its annual. My service manager saw my RGS grills on the intakes and said there would be no hurry changing mine.

Reactions: CaymanDave21

·
Registered
491 Posts
My car is at the OPC to have the vehicle tracker software update. Odd that they didn't mention this. Mine was build at the start of Dec last year so perhaps it's a non-issue. I'll be sure to ask tomorrow when I collect it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Morning all,

Interestingly, I got the recall letter yesterday and spoke to OPC Colchester to get the car booked in. They called back and said they had been instructed by Porsche GB not to proceed with the action (which sounds odd), while also quoting £550 for an off-cycle oil change (!). I guess I'll try again in a few weeks.

Take care all

TH

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Morning all,

Interestingly, I got the recall letter yesterday and spoke to OPC Colchester to get the car booked in. They called back and said they had been instructed by Porsche GB not to proceed with the action (which sounds odd), while also quoting £550 for an off-cycle oil change (!). I guess I'll try again in a few weeks.
Take care allTH
Bizarre ! Worth a phone call to originators of the letter?
im calling my Leeds dealer this morning to book in - I’ll feedback the outcome

·
Registered
996 Posts
The mod isn’t required on 4.0 engines apparently. Letters were sent out to GT4 and GTS4.0 owners in error.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think I have this recall also (not got the letter yet but there's a new safety recall notice on the my.porsche page for my GTS). I think its the side pod intakes in front of the rear wheels.

·
Registered
236 Posts
rang my dealer - He doesn't think it applies to GTS 4.0s but is checking with service

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone know what the new mesh looks like? I have seen this picture of a previous recall on google. I hope it isn’t the same cos it looks terrible!!!

Automotive parking light Automotive tire Hood Synthetic rubber Tire

·
Registered
19 Posts
I also received the recall letter yesterday (ref WMH7/2022) and phoned OPC Edinburgh to get my car booked in. Consistent with some of the posts above, I was told that the OPC had received an e-mail from Porsche GB and have been told not to book any cars in for the work.

·
Registered
2018, GTS, PDK
89 Posts
I too received the said letter today, I did a google search on this and do believe they exactly like your pic.
Not sure I really want to have them done as I quite like the look of mine without them BUT basically you should not really ignore any recall.
I will call dealer Monday now, it's Beer O'clock so more important things on my mind :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Boxster S 6M in Miami Blue
345 Posts
Does anyone know what the new mesh looks like? I have seen this picture of a previous recall on google. I hope it isn’t the same cos it looks terrible!!!

View attachment 37827
Those are aftermarket Zunsport grills. that's why above the picture it says this is zunsport's solution to the recall.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Today I received a recall letter from Porsche UK ref WMH7/2022
To “retrofit or replace air inlet grill”

I had this initial recall mod done “to reduce likelihood of eg burning cigarette ends drawn into the side air grilles” a couple of years ago so I am assuming that they have realised the mod grille mesh was still not fine enough, quote :

“Further optimised protective grilles with even tighter-meshed inlets are available now fir your vehicle to further reduce risk of damage occurring”

anyone else has this letter?
Yep had the letter also today, I had the initial one done without question but this time around I’m going write to Porsche HQ and ask for some info on how much this effects the air through-put, ie cross sectional area is reduced. There has to be a point where the more restrictions they add to the inlets will effect power and fuel, the fuel I’m not concerned over but it can’t be great for the engine. Would like to know theyv done their due diligence and carried out Dino testing on before and after….🤔 me thinks probably not, but when you start restric airflow it will make a difference maybe only small but it one reason we buy these cars.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts