Porsche 718 Forum banner

What sort of stitching?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello peeps.

Anyone have photos of the Extended Deviated Stitching?

It is so crazily expensive, but whatever. I think it can make an all black leather interior kind of nice possibly.

even better yet would be photos of both regular Deviated Stitching as well as Extended Deviated Stitching.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
That's the only thing I miss in my 718 GTS as it was pre-owned. This is why I'm having a difficult time in my search for an NA 911 GTS - well also aside from the fact that most people spec'd PDK. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
642 Posts
The info button in the configurator does provide a view of everything that is stitched. Maybe not the best view, but I think it provides a pretty good idea.
At least for me (here in US), the graphic on the info button is not correct. It doesn't show the differences between deviated stitching package vs the extended deviated stitching pack. Only the extended one includes the center door panel, arm rest, and pull handle.

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
For me, the choice is either no deviated, or Extended Deviated.
It's crazy expensive for just different colored thread right? Buy ONLY $800 or so more for the extended.
Me? I went extended. Which is nuts.
Lol nice logic

I am thinking it is the best way to create some art drama in a black leather interior. I wanted non black but if i buy a lava orange cayman, black interior makes the most sense. Question is now the accent choices:

shiny free
Aluminum option
Leather option trim where all is black

Leather might be too dark? Not sure.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Lol nice logic

I am thinking it is the best way to create some art drama in a black leather interior. I wanted non black but if i buy a lava orange cayman, black interior makes the most sense. Question is now the accent choices:

shiny free
Aluminum option
Leather option trim where all is black

Leather might be too dark? Not sure.
Similiar thinking here, I have the black leather. Going with Speed Blue(which is Shark Blue) stiching, to go with Shark Blue paint.
Best bang for the buck is $560 for the deviated seat centers- big effect, little dollars.

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here's a screen shot from the catalog linked at that site showing the distribution of the extended stitching, and a description of how the 2 compare. View attachment 35665
yeah that is interesting. One thing i noticed is that the center console armrest gets stitching. that is really nice.

I figured that on a date type deal, the seats are not visible as one is sitting on them, so really needs extra areas to show up as a pattern, extended would be it then. I duno about the metal. Original metal freebie, aluminum, or black leather black out option. Hm. I wonder if the interior gets jsut too dark. I am also getting LIghting design package, so that might help a tiny bit.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I duno about the metal. Original metal freebie, aluminum, or black leather black out option. Hm. I wonder if the interior gets jsut too dark. I am also getting LIghting design package, so that might help a tiny bit.
I know the standard “metal” trim gets a bad rap, but I think it adds some nice pop / contrast to a monochromatic interior. The brushed aluminum is dull looking to me, which I guess is fine if reflective glare is really a problem. I’m guessing that’s more of an issue for the boxster owners when the top is down. And of course the leather trim essentially eliminates the trim visually. So not a fan of that either.

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I know the standard “metal” trim gets a bad rap, but I think it adds some nice pop / contrast to a monochromatic interior. The brushed aluminum is dull looking to me, which I guess is fine if reflective glare is really a problem. I’m guessing that’s more of an issue for the boxster owners when the top is down. And of course the leather trim essentially eliminates the trim visually. So not a fan of that either.
I wonder if the $3000 dollars+ of deviated stiching would be shown up by the shiny metal?

·
Registered
143 Posts
I agree on the brushed, plus the standard trim matches the bits on the steering wheel and air vents. I prefer leather trim on two-tone interiors, but would would not do leather trim on a single color interior even with deviated stitching. With espresso maybe carbon fiber, but on black I think I'd do standard trim. All personal preference, though...never seen a configuration I wouldn't drive.

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Happy to oblige
Definitely the extended leather in my opinion, and also the steering column - Black plastic would just ruin the look.
View attachment 35630
is that trim area leather? It looks cool. I see quite clearly that one really needs to cover that steering column. It is super massive jeez. Looks like an 80's sci-fi flight yoke. No question that that should be wrapped for this. Any more shots? i would be indebted.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts