Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
What makes it so extreme? Is it just the look of it, or something to do with the actual performance/engine of the vehicle?

·
Registered
459 Posts
It's about time that they worked on the Elise.
How much longer do you think it will be till we actually see something directly from them on it?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Would this Elise be priced around the same as the 718? I haven't thought about it a lot, but I thought that the Elise would be more expensive than the 718.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Not sure what pricing on that lotus is like already but if it comes close to the 718, it's going to be hard for me to consider it as well as for one... i'm a porsche loyalist.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have always found Lotus kind of a douchey brand.

In this one song by the Strokes one of the lyrics is:

"I didn't want to notice
Didn't know the gun was loaded
Didn't really know this
What kind of ******* drives a Lotus?"

So I'm not really a fan. They are just too over the top in design for me. Very little sophistication.

·
Registered
107 Posts
^I've never heard ANYONE call Lotus over the top in terms of design. I mean they are some of the most basic and pure sports cars on the market. Surprising thats all...

·
Registered
222 Posts
There are cars that are more over the top than them, but I still find them too be gratuitous. Saw one driving around town today and I was just thinking, "what kind of person drives that car casually?" I think there is very little sophistication to it. It doesn't seem practical, or like a classic. I don't know, its just not my cup of tea.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Cayman has made both the 4C and the Elise look silly. What the 718 could do to either is up for debate. Where the Cayman is lauded is for its day to day liveability. You won't be reaching for the bazooka to blow your brains out shuffing in traffic twice daily in the Cayman.

I don't know if tje 718 can provide that type of comfort, it may fall right into the pitfalls that snared the elise...

Alfa Romeo 4C vs. Porsche Cayman and Lotus Elise - Features - Road & Track

·
Registered
222 Posts
The Cayman has made both the 4C and the Elise look silly. What the 718 could do to either is up for debate. Where the Cayman is lauded is for its day to day liveability. You won't be reaching for the bazooka to blow your brains out shuffing in traffic twice daily in the Cayman.

I don't know if tje 718 can provide that type of comfort, it may fall right into the pitfalls that snared the elise...

Alfa Romeo 4C vs. Porsche Cayman and Lotus Elise - Features - Road & Track
That is possible. I could see the 718 not being very comfortable to drive. I imagine the ride will be a bit rocky because it will have a "sporty" suspension. Porsche will have to find a balance there so they don't alienate some drivers who want something fun but want something comfortable to drive as well.

·
Registered
459 Posts
That is why I will rather wait for some dealer close enough to me to get one, test drive it, then decide if it's really what I want.

·
Registered
107 Posts
That is possible. I could see the 718 not being very comfortable to drive. I imagine the ride will be a bit rocky because it will have a "sporty" suspension. Porsche will have to find a balance there so they don't alienate some drivers who want something fun but want something comfortable to drive as well.
it wasn't the ride that was the problem, its the lack of creature comforts in the 4c. It strips many modern amenities in the name of saving weight, which is great if you're driving backcountry switchbacks back a PITA in gridlock....

·
Registered
459 Posts
Yup, not going to be fun in a big city with gridlock and all that comes with city driving.
Need to make sure it will be good for the type of driving you'll be doing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts