Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
So many questions;

Fabspeed say +60hp and +80tq on the S from just an ECU reprogramme, what gains are you likely to get from the GTS and a decat?

Did you do get a rolling road done before & after to show the difference?

How is this going to affect warranty from Porsche?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So many questions;

Fabspeed say +60hp and +80tq on the S from just an ECU reprogramme, what gains are you likely to get from the GTS and a decat?

Did you do get a rolling road done before & after to show the difference?

How is this going to affect warranty from Porsche?
Didn’t dyno before or after. Probably an 80hp increase not sure on torque, but put it this way. I now readily spin the wheels in launch control if the surface isn’t great or the tires aren’t warm enough.

No issues for me on warranty. I work at Porsche and my tech uses his discretion on this kind of stuff. He told me he wouldn’t and can’t detect a tune on basic maintenance. Also, the belly pan covers the cat area. So visually there is no way at all of telling anything is not factory. Hope that helps?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Exhaust sounds incredible with that new pipe, thanks for including some clips. Thats a pretty significant jump in hp, and its good to hear that it shouldn't cause any issues with the factory warranty.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Exhaust sounds incredible with that new pipe, thanks for including some clips. Thats a pretty significant jump in hp, and its good to hear that it shouldn't cause any issues with the factory warranty.
if you grenade your motor you’ll be **** out of luck. Fabspeed retain your stock tune though. You can always flash back to stock. Thanks! It’s still no flat 6, but it’s an improvement nonetheless

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That sounds really good! What's your new 0-60?
Couldn't tell you at this point, will find a way to test that out. If there are reports that PDK CS cars can do the sprint in 0-60 I would think with a downpipe and tune I should be in the VERY low 3's

·
Registered
383 Posts
That sounds really good! What's your new 0-60?
Couldn't tell you at this point, will find a way to test that out. If there are reports that PDK CS cars can do the sprint in 0-60 I would think with a downpipe and tune I should be in the VERY low 3's
How is the car to drive? Is peak torque in the low RPMS? Flat spots? Boosty or linear? Very interested in doing this....

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How is the car to drive? Is peak torque in the low RPMS? Flat spots? Boosty or linear? Very interested in doing this....
Very fun to drive, this is basically what a top level Cayman should perform like. As we all know, Porsche neuter the Cayman for a good reason. I really cant tell of any negative drivability changes since the tune, the mid range is the most improved. Launches are much more violent and the power curve is linear. 1-5th there is no tail off in boost as you get towards 7k.

Here's another launch with a better perspective of how quick these things can be

·
Registered
383 Posts
Very fun to drive, this is basically what a top level Cayman should perform like. As we all know, Porsche neuter the Cayman for a good reason. I really cant tell of any negative drivability changes since the tune, the mid range is the most improved. Launches are much more violent and the power curve is linear. 1-5th there is no tail off in boost as you get towards 7k.

Here's another launch with a better perspective of how quick these things can be
Do you worry about the gearbox or the added strain on the other components?

This sounds and looks amazing. Would love to see the 0-60 on it... I truly believe that this outperforms most of the upper lines of 911's!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Do you worry about the gearbox or the added strain on the other components?

This sounds and looks amazing. Would love to see the 0-60 on it... I truly believe that this outperforms most of the upper lines of 911's!
Thanks for the compliments! I'm really really happy with how the exhaust has turned out. Nope not even slightly, I think you could easily pump 500+ in this and not need to upgrade anything. Worst thing a tune like this could do is probably blow out a cat due to excess heat etc. (which I've deleted) Those could be my famous last words though lol. This isn't a blow your mind kind of tune, more of a perfecting. But the difference between stock tune and this tune is noticeable

Can you post a video of valve closed vs open? I may go this route on my car. It sounds really good.
I can do that for you. Cold start with valves closed?

·
Registered
388 Posts
That sounded really good! It also looks quick! I like...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Warmed up idle and revs, under load in the cabin would be good too. Did you disconnect the soundaktor?
will try and get to that this week. Interesting discovery on that. There is not soundaktor on the GTS! I tried to disconnect it. Pulled away the carpet it and it’s not there! There’s just the 2 posts where it should be....

1 - 20 of 35 Posts