Porsche 718 Forum banner

Fabspeed vs. Soul catalyst, why the delta?

6181 Views 10 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Soul Performance Products
Regarding the 200 cell Catalytic Converters.

Fabspeed posted 7 whp peak
Soul 14 whp peak

I understand both have about the same midrange gains, but why the vast difference in peak?
1 - 4 of 11 Posts
My guess... not on the same Dyno, not on the same car, not the same parameters, ect.

EDIT: I honestly never looked at Fabspeed, but now that I have I can say the you're probably going to see a difference with the additional plumbing that comes with the soul. Fabspeed looks to be a cut and attach to existing vs. souls replace it all. There has to be some magic in the plumbing. But all the above reasons still apply!
Yeah I looked carefully at any changes in piping to induce laminar flow or diameter changes but couldn't tell, albeit just from pictures. Maybe SOUL can pitch in here. Is anyone from fabspeed on this forum as well?
I bought the Soul just this week... so my decision process was more of a See it, Like it, Buy it type thing with Zero investigation into other options. Now that I see the option, I'm glad I went the way I did for my car equipped with PSE that I wanted to maintain.
Can you describe the sound? I wanted to go suspension mod, but may just do an aggressive street alignment and just an exhaust. How much has the sound amplified? Was the install relatively easy? I'm on the same boat, want to maintain PSE.
I bought the Soul just this week... so my decision process was more of a See it, Like it, Buy it type thing with Zero investigation into other options. Now that I see the option, I'm glad I went the way I did for my car equipped with PSE that I wanted to maintain.
Also, have you noticed an increase in power and its delivery?
1 - 4 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.