Porsche 718 Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
He's a four time Formula One World Champion. I'd hope he takes his driving seriously ;) I think driving the Ring in that Cayman is a Sunday drive for him.
Ok, just to clear this up, the Sebastian Vittel that's in the video is that THE Sebastian Vettel? I'm assuming no, but seeing how there's some discussion here, figure I'll ask anyways.

·
Registered
689 Posts
This isn't 718 or Porsche related - but from my Skip Barber days years ago. It was a really fun race. I started 2nd, and finished 2nd if I recall - but that doesn't tell the whole story!

It is an in-car from one of my races:

And as it is from the dark ages, YouTube would only let you upload a maximum of 5 minutes back then - so that's why it isn't longer.

·
Registered
645 Posts
OK....this is quasi-related to Porsches. But not the 718.
I run the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix every year. It's great fun. The PVGP is a very twisty, low-speed street course that wanders through a city park (where speed limits are typically 15 mph). The course is lined with high curbs and stone walls which tends to limit speeds by encouraging one's own self-preservation. So this video is much slower than most racing videos, but still, great fun.
A couple of years ago my old pal Dr. Bill Swartz and I decided to run one session nose to tail.....on purpose. The audience tends to like this sort of thing and it's fun for us too. Bill has a Porsche 356 and I'm in the MG I've been racing since 1973. Our combined horsepower is maybe 130 on a good day.
Here's a lap (about 3 minutes) from that session (I have about 100 in-car racing videos on YouTube. A few involve chasing 914s and other 356s) ---

3 Minutes around the PVGP circuit

·
Registered
630 Posts
OK....this is quasi-related to Porsches. But not the 718.
I run the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix every year. It's great fun. The PVGP is a very twisty, low-speed street course that wanders through a city park (where speed limits are typically 15 mph). The course is lined with high curbs and stone walls which tends to limit speeds by encouraging one's own self-preservation. So this video is much slower than most racing videos, but still, great fun.
A couple of years ago my old pal Dr. Bill Swartz and I decided to run one session nose to tail.....on purpose. The audience tends to like this sort of thing and it's fun for us too. Bill has a Porsche 356 and I'm in the MG I've been racing since 1973. Our combined horsepower is maybe 130 on a good day.
Here's a lap (about 3 minutes) from that session (I have about 100 in-car racing videos on YouTube. A few involve chasing 914s and other 356s) ---

3 Minutes around the PVGP circuit
Being a new Pittsburgher and new Porsche owner, I attended my first PVGP in 2019. It's really amazing how the whole city coalesces around the race with so many events on the schedule and all well attended. ARPCA :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Great video!

So many Porsche's... almost looked like a PCA track day and a risqué BMW managed to slip in.
It was managed by Schattenbaum PCA, my chapter, but there were plenty of GTIs in my group, too. The higher-level groups had all sorts of different models, so while PCA run the event, all cars are welcome.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts