Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is definitely a first world problem thread, but could be interesting. So I have both heated seats and heated steering wheel on my car. As it is has been pretty cold over the past month I'm using them every time I get in the car. What I'd like to see Porsche do is give me the option through the PCM to set when the heated seats come on (and at which level - 1,2,3) and when the heated steering wheel comes on. I'd like to be able to say that if the temperature is below 20 degrees F that the heating for the seats and wheel should turn on to max. And if it is between 20 and 30 F then turn them on at level 2, etc. Of course I could override them at any time I want. But it would be nice, and save my fingers from having to press those buttons every time I get in the car! :)

·
Premium Member
1,887 Posts
This is definitely a first world problem thread, but could be interesting. So I have both heated seats and heated steering wheel on my car. As it is has been pretty cold over the past month I'm using them every time I get in the car. What I'd like to see Porsche do is give me the option through the PCM to set when the heated seats come on (and at which level - 1,2,3) and when the heated steering wheel comes on. I'd like to be able to say that if the temperature is below 20 degrees F that the heating for the seats and wheel should turn on to max. And if it is between 20 and 30 F then turn them on at level 2, etc. Of course I could override them at any time I want. But it would be nice, and save my fingers from having to press those buttons every time I get in the car! :)
I'd be fine with the heat settings being part of the key memory, just like the HVAC/seat/mirror positions are ...

My biggest niggles are mentioned in the Like/Dislike thread. The biggest thing I'd like to override beyond those isn't a Porsche thing; it's an Apple thing. When Apple Maps opens in CarPlay, it automatically plots a navigation route of some sort related to your current location -- and you can't defeat that in the app. I really, really, really detest this. Just open Maps and center my car on the screen, please. If I want directions, I'll ask!

Reactions: Guaji

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
I'd be fine with the heat settings being part of the key memory, just like the HVAC/seat/mirror positions are ...

My biggest niggles are mentioned in the Like/Dislike thread. The biggest thing I'd like to override beyond those isn't a Porsche thing; it's an Apple thing. When Apple Maps opens in CarPlay, it automatically plots a navigation route of some sort related to your current location -- and you can't defeat that in the app. I really, really, really detest this. Just open Maps and center my car on the screen, please. If I want directions, I'll ask!

For me there is no route ploted when i start :)
Car play acts a bit slow to connect sometimes but thats about it.
Have you checked so you dont have a route on your phone?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.