Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2019 718 Cayman S 6MT
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those tracking, wondering if you can recommend one brake pad over the other. Planning to use front and rear with stock braking system on my Cayman S, running high perf street tires (A052 or F1 SC 3) for HPDEs.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Also interested in this. I've heard good things about DS 3.12, currently running PFC 08.

·
Registered
2019 718 Cayman - Manual, PTV, PASM, Sport Chrono
60 Posts
In for opinions as well.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I don't have them but others have said....
You need to recalibrate your brain because pedal pressure is much lighter.
BUT it doesn't change with rising pad temps, so is very easy to control and modulate.
just requires a fine touch.

Not sure they would work for me, as smoother inputs is one thing I'm always working on.

·
Registered
732 Posts
I haven't tried them but there are a couple of threads on Rennlist at the moment and people are recommending the DS3.12 for the Cayman if you are doing track work in preference to other pads.

I've used the Ferodo DS2500 before and thought they were good but quite a step below the DS3.12. I think the OEM pads work well on the track but I've been noticing they are not coping with the heat that well and leaving deposits on the rotors which makes quite a shudder on braking. I assume a good track pad makes a difference.

·
Registered
2019 718 Cayman S 6MT
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Appreciate the inputs this far. Also heard that the 3.12 are less noisy on the street, but I plan to swap back to stock between track days - just less immediate pressure to do so.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Appreciate the inputs this far. Also heard that the 3.12 are less noisy on the street, but I plan to swap back to stock between track days - just less immediate pressure to do so.
Note if you want to inter-change your pads you need to take the caliper off every time and so will need the tarret brake caliper stud kit, rather than the OEM bolts. I've also heard the 3.12 are not too noisy on the street.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts