Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With apologies, I'm racing to meet a 12/5 deadline I only learned of yesterday. Here is my build:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ7N6QR2

If I open my code link, using either Google Chrome or Internet Explorer (Edge), I get this:

When my dealer opens it, there is much less chalk leather, in particular on the dash/glove box/cupholder/door. My options selected are "Leather Interior in Black/Chalk BW", which gives me chalk everywhere except to silver door, dash and console trim, and "Leather Interior Package i.c.w. Leather Interior EKC", which replaces that silver trim with chalk leather. The dealer has to change the option selections (I forget what he did) to make his rendition look like mine, and this comes at a small price increase.

My questions here:

1) Other than the dealer is correct, and everybody else is wrong - is there any other explanation? Can anyone who has selected the same options as me (I'm in the US) comment?

2) My configurator makes it look like "Leather Interior in Black/Chalk BW" gives you chalk stitching in the black. Again, can anyone confirm or deny?

Many thanks again,

Joe

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Even if you don't have "Leather Interior in Black/Chalk BW" and "Leather Interior Package i.c.w. Leather Interior EKC", can folks open my build and see if my interior looks like my picture?

·
Registered
765 Posts
When I open your build in 3D mode it looks like your dealer said. See picture. In 2D mode it looks like your picture. I found that the configurator 3D view is a lot more accurate and current so I would lean to believe your dealer. Either way congrats on your order!

Edit: To make it look like your picture in 3D I had to also select the Dashboard Trim Package in Leather Porsche (CZW) which adds $1,610.
Description of CZW:
Upper dashboard end trims, lower dashboard end trims, windscreen defroster panel, and dashboard center speaker trim in smooth-finish leather in interior color and partly with decorative stitching

Attachments

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you; I will relay this info to the SA. He is supposed to be getting to the bottom of this as well. I do not seem to be able to download the necessary stuff to get the configurator running in 3d; I'll have to do some work at the dealership. And what a surprise, the cost is going up.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, at the dealer, I built my car, from scratch, on the 3D configurator, and it looked "correct" - chalk on door panels, glove box, dash, - everywhere that the description of the option says it should go. Then when I added the leather option icw with leather interior, it put chalk in place of the silver trim on doors, dash, and center console, just like the description of that option says.

As I continued to manipulate the configurator, it switched over to the alternate rendering, missing all the chalk leather. I asked the SA over and over, and he confirmed over and over, that he is 100% certain that my option selections will produce the result that we always see on the 2D configurator.

So the car is ordered; March 1, 2018 arrival:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PJEEWNG1

If the interior doesn't turn out as expected, the dealer can buy the parts and swap them out, as far as I'm concerned.

·
Registered
344 Posts
With apologies, I'm racing to meet a 12/5 deadline I only learned of yesterday. Here is my build:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PJ7N6QR2

If I open my code link, using either Google Chrome or Internet Explorer (Edge), I get this:

When my dealer opens it, there is much less chalk leather, in particular on the dash/glove box/cupholder/door. My options selected are "Leather Interior in Black/Chalk BW", which gives me chalk everywhere except to silver door, dash and console trim, and "Leather Interior Package i.c.w. Leather Interior EKC", which replaces that silver trim with chalk leather. The dealer has to change the option selections (I forget what he did) to make his rendition look like mine, and this comes at a small price increase.

My questions here:

1) Other than the dealer is correct, and everybody else is wrong - is there any other explanation? Can anyone who has selected the same options as me (I'm in the US) comment?

2) My configurator makes it look like "Leather Interior in Black/Chalk BW" gives you chalk stitching in the black. Again, can anyone confirm or deny? Confirm

Many thanks again,

Joe

Find another dealer - you are right, they are wrong.

Any config with all leather comes with deviated stitching. I just ordered mine in Black/Bordeaux.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh, no need for that. See my previous post, #6. I believe everything has worked out; we are both believing in and expecting the same things.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.