Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first autox in my new GT4, BMWCCA autox, all stock, alignment as much as dealer could give me (1.8 deg camber in FR, 1.6 deg camber in rear, zero toe front, 0.5 deg total toe in for rear). Stock Cup2 tires, started with 34f/36r tire pressures, dropped down to 32f/34r. Car handled well, still believe I need at least 2.5 deg camber in front, rear seems ok for now. Looking forward to learning more about the car! The pdk was quite fun, great for an old guy with spastic left leg:)
Will eventually be looking for 19" wheels, autox tires.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looking forward to autocrossing mine. Is that Crow's Landing?
Yes, Crow's Landing! Not many venues left in the bay area for autocrossing. A few clubs hold events at the Cow Palace in Daly City, but I haven't been there in years.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Great times. I used to go to Marina a LOT. Spent a fair chunk of ten years of my life there. :)

I’m very sad that it was shut down as an autocross venue. I did Great America a few times before the 49ers moved in. Downtown Stockton once - never again. That was awful. Sonoma Raceway a few times (parking lot). I’ve only been to Crow’s once. Alameda Point a few times. My Z06 was the first car to run at Alameda Point when they opened it up for autocross in the late 2000s. Someone took a picture of it and told me it would be in a magazine, but I never saw it.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
You all are quite fortunate to have multiple AX venues. Our Longhorn Region PCA AX ended last year when we lost our only venue after the first week's cross. Now we're left twiddling thumbs...fortunately, we still have COTA and Harris Hill for track days.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts