Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's here. I am not used to a car this gorgeous and beautifully assembled. I had to drive home in some traffic, after sunset, and was terrified of mis-shifting the stick or not assessing a yield u-turn properly from coming headlights and getting into a wreck.

No internet pics or reviews do this justice.

BTW, this is a continuation of my thread from 18 months ago:

I know I know. Pics or didn't happen.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quick first impressions:
  • Xenon headlights are plenty good / excellent. Zero regret avoiding LED.
  • PCM had an issue where the volume refused to decrease o_O when I had engine off / accessory mode on and was fiddling w/ CarPlay stuff. Woke up this morning and PCM's, what, reset after 10 mins, somehow solved it.
  • Lane Change Assist is very good. Easy to see without being obnoxious. And it detects cars at a far enough distance to be very helpful.
  • People say why bother w/ Burmester if you're in a 2-seater AND you're going to listen to this sonorous engine? Nope! Truly excellent sound system if you dig any style of music. I dig all kinds, but acoustic stuff like classical and jazz are astounding.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Two more impressions:
  • Gearing is too tall? Don't agree at all. All those whining YouTube reviews are stupid.
  • Sport PASM suspension is perfect. Enough to feel the road, but less jarring than my VW GTI.

Reactions: Chris NZ

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
One more!
  • Manual sport seats: fantastic! Definitely snug, but in a comfortable way. I did not sit in this style of seat before ordering, but I still would recommend thta others do. Lumbar support is great. I was concerned about the non-electric seats having no lumbar adjustment. Nothing to worry about – super supportive and comfortable.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
*Sport Seats Plus

·
Registered
56 Posts
PCM had an issue where the volume refused to decrease o_O when I had engine off / accessory mode on and was fiddling w/ CarPlay stuff. Woke up this morning and PCM's, what, reset after 10 mins, somehow solved it.
Do you have mf steering wheel? With ignition off volume wheel doesn’t work. Only PCM knob.

·
Registered
59 Posts
It's here. I am not used to a car this gorgeous and beautifully assembled. I had to drive home in some traffic, after sunset, and was terrified of mis-shifting the stick or not assessing a yield u-turn properly from coming headlights and getting into a wreck.

No internet pics or reviews do this justice.

BTW, this is a continuation of my thread from 18 months ago:

I know I know. Pics or didn't happen.

View attachment 28992
Beautiful looking indeed. The car grows on you like anything. You will love the 4litre flat 6. And if you have shifted from the 2.5 litres the difference is noticeable. My only regret is I wouldn’t have bought the car stereo as the sound of the engine is just pleasing on the inside that you don’t need to listen to the radio.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks great. You even won the Michelin lottery 😄
haha yes - isn't p-zero the alternative? Not a fan when my GTI came w them.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Do you have mf steering wheel? With ignition off volume wheel doesn’t work. Only PCM knob.
it wasn't that! I do have the muthafunction steering wheel btw. It was probably a weird combination of things I did that wouldn't repeat again.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Beautiful looking indeed. The car grows on you like anything. You will love the 4litre flat 6. And if you have shifted from the 2.5 litres the difference is noticeable. My only regret is I wouldn’t have bought the car stereo as the sound of the engine is just pleasing on the inside that you don’t need to listen to the radio.
While I had planned on getting the turbo four initially, I had never driven anything but four bangers so getting a flat six manual on the dawn of electric cars becoming our new overlorda was too special to pass up.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My good friend's 6-year-old boy liked the multiple storage options, of all things (he climbed in the frunk), as well as the red brake calipers (because red is his favorite color). :D

Reactions: DriveInHouston

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
looks great! nice option mix. (MT, etc)
Thanks! I totally optioned the bejeezus out of it and I have no regrets. No way you would find this on the used market 5 years hence. So – driving this beauty into the ground! Bury it next to me.

Also, ingress and egress must be some interpretative dance / ballet to onlookers who see me in the parking lot.

Lexus RX? Slide your butt sideways and boom you're sitting.

This thing? (left side driving countries) Insert right foot inward into pedal zone, shift head leftward to avoid head bonking, angle butt rightwards toward seat, now orient head forwards, then angle left foot inward slowly through air-space so as not to scuff seating or door panel.

Reactions: DriveInHouston
1 - 20 of 28 Posts