Porsche 718 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
This would be the option 2 build, with silver wheels, back to red calipers to save some money and have the Porsche logo standard, not in Satin for some more flash. Center console with Porsche Crest just to be a bit different.

The Porsche Code

Ugh, choices!
I wholeheartedly agree with the change back to red calipers. The change to black has absolutely no impact on a red car. Likewise I don't think seatbacks in leather add much (except to the cost), especially in a Cayman as someone pointed out earlier. Before writing this I went and took a quick look at mine (stock shells), and frankly I think the contrast is attractive. And again, you don't really see them in any case. There's no back seat, and they're not visible from outside the car. Still, it's your money and your car!

Finally, I'm a black or silver wheel guy over the gold, but that's purely personal.

·
Registered
583 Posts
New code below for feedback!

The Porsche Code
If you’re going to stick with the gold wheels then definitely stick with black calipers. Indeed Red paint with red calipers might just be a little too red (for me.)

Light Design Package: remove it. That pays for half of the LED headlights option. Those are really worth it. LDP is “ambiance” lighting and has no functional purpose.

Ignore the LWBS cult. They just want to share the suffering after you’ve imbibed of the kool-aide. 😛

PASM vs. SPASM. The extra 10mm drop for SPASM makes a difference in approach angle. If your roads don’t have ramps, speed bumps, etc., then SPASM is great. If your roads have poorly constructed grade changes or lots of potholes then PASM is what you want if this Porsche will be pressed into service for something in addition to “Sunday Drives.”

Since you are doing Alcantera-delete, add ventilated seats. It’s an option you don’t know you can’t live without until you’ve used it a few times when it’s hot.

If you plan to autocross or do tracks days get the fire extinguisher.

Steering column casing in leather doesn’t “do” anything unless you get deviated stitching. Then it adds to the interior.

Seat backs in leather hide the ugly silver plastic stuff. (y) They look super with deviated stitching.

Basic radio is adequate for making noise when you’re not listening to the engine. I actually think it’s better than Bose. It has better clarity. But, less (mushy) base and lower (tinny) highs than Bose. It’s not pretending to be a good stereo unlike the Bose. Burmester is very good but it’s expensive enough that if you think you’ll be fine with the standard radio then you don’t need it.

Your interior is very black. If that’s your goal then it’s all good. Red deviated stitching (on everything) would look great with the red belts.

I like the non-functional Porsche Crest on Headrests.

Here:

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
This would be the option 2 build, with silver wheels, back to red calipers to save some money and have the Porsche logo standard, not in Satin for some more flash. Center console with Porsche Crest just to be a bit different.

The Porsche Code

Ugh, choices!
I'd vote for Satin Platinum wheels - the painted silver option is almost a chrome like finish. the SP compliments the exterior well

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Awesome feedback guys, I appreciate it. I was trying to find a picture of the leather seatbacks vs standard, showing the "side" control area. I was under the impression that would be leather vs plastic if I opted for that option. Can anyone confirm?

I'm leaning towards the silver wheels as of today to be sure.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Awesome feedback guys, I appreciate it. I was trying to find a picture of the leather seatbacks vs standard, showing the "side" control area. I was under the impression that would be leather vs plastic if I opted for that option. Can anyone confirm?

Treemagnet's SS+ with the leather seatback shells (with additional deviated stitching) - 2nd picture shows even the hinges are covered in leather 3rd / 4th full shot of silver plastic back shells
5th illustrates side view, control panel in silver painted plastic
Bag Motor vehicle Vehicle door Automotive design Hood

Automotive design Grey Car seat cover Comfort Personal luxury car

Fender Automotive design Comfort Automotive exterior Auto part

Automotive design Automotive exterior Fender Wood Flooring

Vehicle Car Gear shift Motor vehicle Window

·
Registered
387 Posts

I have the 18 way SS+ with leather seatbacks, the back shells, hinges and side moulding around the controls are all leather. The small recessed part on which the switches themselves sit remains silver / grey plastic. Hope that’s helpful.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Oh man, what a Turkey day surprise.

Your vehicle is now scheduled for production

Hope my dealer updated my build when he said he did!
on the Track Your Dream site, go to the Discover Phase click on the red \/ icon and this will display the model, price and selections / options specified

·
Registered
2021 718 Cayman GTS 4.0
1,278 Posts
TYD wasn't available when I bought my car, but if it is as accurate as the milestone data that was provided to me you might as well read tea leaves or break out granny's Ouija board. Obviously keep after your SA and good luck. Whatever configuration that you wind up with, it will be wonderful.

41 - 60 of 114 Posts