Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
423 Posts
Hi there from Warsaw, Poland - I have just ordered my first ever Porsche - it is white Boxter T with manual transmission :cool:
Delivery is due on March 1st 2020 - can't wait !!

regards,
shodan
Excellent choice of colour and especially cool to leave it with the manual transmission. Even though it's a bit of a wait, you'll get it after the worst winter weather.

Also very cool username; loved those games :geek:

· Premium Member
2019 base Cayman
2,226 Posts
Well, my Polish is nonexistent, but looking at the pictures and some of the words, it looks like you got the important things, IMHO, such as Sports Chrono and PASM. I like the Entry & Drive, but suggest you get a Faraday pouch to put your key in when washing the car so your frunk doesn't open unexpectedly. Also, it is good for hiding the key's signal so you can use a trick to remove the key stub easily. Looks like a beauty!

Reactions: roundtail

· Registered
541 Posts
Well, my Polish is nonexistent, but looking at the pictures and some of the words, it looks like you got the important things, IMHO, such as Sports Chrono and PASM. I like the Entry & Drive, but suggest you get a Faraday pouch to put your key in when washing the car so your frunk doesn't open unexpectedly. Also, it is good for hiding the key's signal so you can use a trick to remove the key stub easily. Looks like a beauty!
I was lucky enough to learn about that from just the water spray causing the car to lock the first time I washed it. My first thought was "Oh no, was that from a short?" Then the light bulb...slowly...went on :unsure:. I leave the fob inside the house now.

Reactions: JazzCatGab

· Premium Member
2019 base Cayman
2,226 Posts
Thanks for the hint regarding Entry & Drive, I didn't know that.. By the way - do you go to automatic wash centers with your Boxter? I wonder if it's safe for the tent roof?
I think you will find the consensus here will be most would be aghast at the very suggestion of getting our cars washed mechanically. I think doing so with a Boxster would be problematic on several points, however, I once took Carmen the Cayman to a no-touch car wash in an emergency and got the most basic of spraying because I have a ceramic coating on my car that doesn't require, or particularly like, a wax coating on it. I did have to take a couple of my high-absorbent car-drying towels with me to dry the car after this effrontery and haven't seen any negative effects. Typically, I use the tried and true two-bucket hand washing method. There is much more on this subject in the Car Care & Detailing sub forum.

Reactions: roundtail
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.