Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just took home my dream car, a 2020 GT4. I think I have read every review and watched every YouTube video ever produced on this car. I am a motorcyclist and always thought this car would be as close to riding a motorcycle as I could get with 4 wheels. I was not disappointed. The handling and road feel this car provides is amazing. Having a naturally aspirated manual car was my goal and so happy to have found one.

I look forward to learning more about the car and all of the members' experiences with their cars. Thank you. -Dan

PS: My car did not come with Apple Car Play. I am hoping there is a reasonable solution to adding/installing car play and would really appreciate any suggestions or guidance.
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
166 Posts
Congrats, best color! Take a look at this thread for enabling Carplay and other PCM functions:

·
Premium Member
1,210 Posts
I am a motorcyclist and always thought this car would be as close to riding a motorcycle as I could get with 4 wheels. I was not disappointed. The handling and road feel this car provides is amazing.
I was a motorcyclist (Ducati, BMW and Triumph) but I'm getting too old to ride. 😐
Enjoy your new ride!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you! I currently have a BMW s1000R and a Triumph Street Triple. I've always said I would choose to ride a motorcycle over a car...but now Im not so sure about that anymore. Love this car!

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Gentian Blue is a great color on any 718, but your GB GT4 will be legendary. Glad to have you aboard!

Reactions: dans and SGPhoto

·
Registered
306 Posts
Only car with open top can be close to bikes. ;)

As a biker myself , I need the breeze, sudden temperature changes , smells, visibility and the wind noise with open top to have the feeling closer.:giggle:

I believe the 718 Spyder is the closest one to a bike. 😉

(It does not take from the greatness of the GT4 btw) :cool:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Only car with open top can be close to bikes. ;)

As a biker myself , I need the breeze, sudden temperature changes , smells, visibility and the wind noise with open top to have the feeling closer.:giggle:

I believe the 718 Spyder is the closest one to a bike. 😉

(It does not take from the greatness of the GT4 btw) :cool:
I'm not a fan of the open top, but I can totally see your point.

·
Registered
2022 BGTS 4.0 MT, Carmine Red
151 Posts
Thank you! I currently have a BMW s1000R and a Triumph Street Triple. I've always said I would choose to ride a motorcycle over a car...but now Im not so sure about that anymore. Love this car!
I grew up in two wheels and always thought I'd try to take my bike to the nursing home with me as an old man. After traffic returned post pandemic I was thinking about riding less as the roads became more dangerous. Weeks after talking about that I got into a wreck with a distracted driver. Sold my bikes and now my BGTS 4.0 MT is my riding surrogate. It's hard to miss riding with wheels like these -- congrats on yours!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That is an awesome car, congrats! Must be nice to get your car and immediately be driving it like it was meant to be driven! (I’m still breaking mine in 😅)
Thank you South Bay. I agree that its nice to be able to buy a car immediatly drive it without limitations. However, I have to have hope/confidence that the previous owner did follow the break in guidelines. I was waiting for an allocation to be able to build my car exactly the way I wanted it, but have lost confidence in getting an allocation before they potentially change the engine. I wanted to have a naturally aspirated manual transmission GT4 and since I found one that was almost the build I wanted, it made sense to buy it.

You online name is South Bay, are you from the Manhattan Beach area? I love the South Bay. I had stored a motorcycle on Aviation and Rosecrans for the past 15 years.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts