Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Lava Orange 2018 Cayman S
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,

I got my car a month ago but the weather's just turned nice enough to start going on road-trips :) I've just come back from a 2-day/1000 mile trip down through Idaho to ****'s Canyon and back up to Washington via the Rattlesnake Pass and I'm just blown away with how good this car is, an absolute blast on an empty ****'s Canyon road (the best road in the USA if you ask me), plus super comfortable & more than enough storage for two on long trips. Very excited to take it to all the good roads I can find!

I can't narrow down which my favorite pics are so here are a bunch:
20210501_181325.jpg
20210501_144226.jpg
20210501_142003.jpg
20210501_122313.jpg
20210502_154310.jpg
20210501_204349.jpg
20210501_203925.jpg
20210501_203053.jpg
20210501_202015.jpg
20210501_201833.jpg

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haha, I just learned this forum censors "****" - well, google "deepest canyon in the USA" if you're wondering

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Love the color. Love the wheels. And, I especially love the painted rear fascia. The pics are wonderful!

·
Registered
2021 Cayman GTS 4.0
590 Posts
You take some stellar pics, my man. Lava Orange super-duper pops in that territory! I'm still happy w y flat white choice but you got me questioning...

BTW, I had my flat white CGTS4 parked close to a Nissan 370Z the other day. That Nissan white looked like a D minus in contrast to Porsche white. My mom said the Porsche white looked like meringue. Porsche truly loves what they do and that extra effort they put in is why they are so loved. There is no substitute.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This looks awesome!
Mind sharing a google map of the route you took? Or at least the fun parts in it? (I’m making a list, and planning to catch a bunch of them nice roads this spring and summer).
thanks!

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
99 Posts
Firstly: AWESOME car! Well done! All the best with that beast on the back roads of the NW!
Secondly: AWESOME roads and pics: It's like the car and the roads were built for each other!
Thirdly: Are you up by Grand Targhee? Grand Teton's are up that way if memory serves. I request/want/desire/need/have to have a photo of your ride with the Teton's in the backround..... Just asking/saying!

Really, you definitely checked all the boxes and hit a winner.

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
99 Posts
Beautiful pics and scenery. I sure wish we had some roads like that in south florida.
Move up here to North Central Florida.We have a few hills and some bendy roads. I just moved up here after 23 years in the Keys... One road in.... One road out... Boring for driving....

·
Registered
335 Posts
Beautiful pictures! Mind sharing tips on how you took such great quality pictures (equipment, lenses, etc.)? We don't have scenery like that here in central Indiana, but I certainly aspire to take pictures even half as good as yours.

·
Registered
2017 718 Cayman S
6 Posts
Awesome car (great color) and amazing pictures. Would love to be within driving distance of some great scenery like that - swamp is about as interesting as it gets in Louisiana 😆

·
Registered
2021 Boxster (awaiting build slot) (DD)
132 Posts
Hi everybody,

I got my car a month ago but the weather's just turned nice enough to start going on road-trips :) I've just come back from a 2-day/1000 mile trip down through Idaho to *'s Canyon and back up to Washington via the Rattlesnake Pass and I'm just blown away with how good this car is, an absolute blast on an empty *'s Canyon road (the best road in the USA if you ask me), plus super comfortable & more than enough storage for two on long trips. Very excited to take it to all the good roads I can find!

View attachment 31528 View attachment 31526 View attachment 31525 View attachment 31524 View attachment 31534 View attachment 31533 View attachment 31532 View attachment 31531 View attachment 31530 View attachment 31529
Man!!! That is beautiful!!!!!!!! Can't wait!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks everyone, appreciate the complements!

This looks awesome!
Mind sharing a google map of the route you took? Or at least the fun parts in it? (I’m making a list, and planning to catch a bunch of them nice roads this spring and summer).
thanks!
Here's a map, with the best bits marked in red. If you send me some areas you're going I can tell you all my favorite roads around there, I've been to a ton in CO, UT, WY, AZ, NM, ID, MT, WA, NC, TN, TX, AR.. and soon OR/CA/BC

Firstly: AWESOME car! Well done! All the best with that beast on the back roads of the NW!
Secondly: AWESOME roads and pics: It's like the car and the roads were built for each other!
Thirdly: Are you up by Grand Targhee? Grand Teton's are up that way if memory serves. I request/want/desire/need/have to have a photo of your ride with the Teton's in the backround..... Just asking/saying!

Really, you definitely checked all the boxes and hit a winner.
This is the best I can give you currently, from September '18. Definitely headed back there in the Cayman at some point, and up to the Beartooth Highway. Maybe next July?

Beautiful pictures! Mind sharing tips on how you took such great quality pictures (equipment, lenses, etc.)? We don't have scenery like that here in central Indiana, but I certainly aspire to take pictures even half as good as yours.
I have an Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mk II I got for $300 on eBay, with an M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 II R Lens (~$200). Secret is Lightroom Classic to optimize the lighting and color to my taste - here's a gif showing the photo as it came out of the camera & how easy it is to make it much nicer (in that gif I'm darkening the Highlights, lightening the Shadows, lowering the Exposure, and increasing the "Dehaze"). Essentially lowering the contrast in one way and increasing it in another - came up with this by trial & error and it works great. I'm no pro photographer by any means, just started going on road-trips at the end of 2017 and figured a decent real camera might be a better than my phone.

·
Registered
2021 Boxster
99 Posts
Thanks everyone, appreciate the complements!

Here's a map, with the best bits marked in red. If you send me some areas you're going I can tell you all my favorite roads around there, I've been to a ton in CO, UT, WY, AZ, NM, ID, MT, WA, NC, TN, TX, AR.. and soon OR/CA/BC

This is the best I can give you currently, from September '18. Definitely headed back there in the Cayman at some point, and up to the Beartooth Highway. Maybe next July?

I have an Olympus OM-D E-M10 Mk II I got for $300 on eBay, with an M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 II R Lens (~$200). Secret is Lightroom Classic to optimize the lighting and color to my taste - here's a gif showing the photo as it came out of the camera & how easy it is to make it much nicer (in that gif I'm darkening the Highlights, lightening the Shadows, lowering the Exposure, and increasing the "Dehaze"). Essentially lowering the contrast in one way and increasing it in another - came up with this by trial & error and it works great. I'm no pro photographer by any means, just started going on road-trips at the end of 2017 and figured a decent real camera might be a better than my phone.
That will work! Thank you! It was snowing there this AM. All gone now aside from the upper slopes and peaks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everybody,

I got my car a month ago but the weather's just turned nice enough to start going on road-trips :) I've just come back from a 2-day/1000 mile trip down through Idaho to *'s Canyon and back up to Washington via the Rattlesnake Pass and I'm just blown away with how good this car is, an absolute blast on an empty *'s Canyon road (the best road in the USA if you ask me), plus super comfortable & more than enough storage for two on long trips. Very excited to take it to all the good roads I can find!

View attachment 31528 View attachment 31526 View attachment 31525 View attachment 31524 View attachment 31534 View attachment 31533 View attachment 31532 View attachment 31531 View attachment 31530 View attachment 31529
Two comments: I have a 2019 CS, and fully agree on your points about the car. 2nd, BEAUTIFUL pictures of an enthusiasts ride and the scenery is breath taking. I was once through a part of eastern Idaho, and it is on my bucket list. VERY Nice pictures... Congrats!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts