Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see that floor mats are listed as standard equipment for MY 2019. Have they always been standard? I seem to remember them being an option when I placed my 2018 order.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I see that floor mats are listed as standard equipment for MY 2019. Have they always been standard? I seem to remember them being an option when I placed my 2018 order.
2018 included:
Full Carpet Floor Covering -inc: Carpet Front Floor Mats

I think the option was for the rubber mats

·
Registered
720 Posts
I'm sure they are standard. My '18 Cayman came with them and I only paid for one option (PDK).

I did remove them and add the WeatherTech rubber mats instead. These fit perfectly and have a "ridge" that will catch more snow/rain/gunk off your shoes than the standard, flat mats.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The carpet have been standard for years going back to my 08 CS. I have done the same thing with putting in color matched Weathertech mats in all my Caymans.

·
Registered
476 Posts
mats came standard on my 17 i believe. i know i certainly didn't add them as an option. that being said i don't drive mine in any weather that would require weathertech mats :)

i run a set of rennline trackmats. with all the other metal/silver trim in the car they really match up nicely. plus they work great at the track...

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I'm sure they are standard. My '18 Cayman came with them and I only paid for one option (PDK).

I did remove them and add the WeatherTech rubber mats instead. These fit perfectly and have a "ridge" that will catch more snow/rain/gunk off your shoes than the standard, flat mats.
How do you like the WeatherTech mats so far? Have you had any issues with them? Feedback would be appreciated. My car is a summer only car but I'm thinking of going that route to help keep the footwell clean.
Thank you!

·
Registered
720 Posts
How do you like the WeatherTech mats so far? Have you had any issues with them? Feedback would be appreciated. My car is a summer only car but I'm thinking of going that route to help keep the footwell clean.
Thank you!
Yes....so far they are fine. They do a good job of catching water and dirt: then I remove and shake them out when I get a chance (or just use my shop vac to clean them).

Quality of construction and fit seems excellent.

I won't intentionally drive this car in real bad weather and probably very little in the Winter. But on the other hand, I consider my Cayman a "driver", so it will see some real-world usage.
For example, I'm driving to rural Vermont (from NJ) this weekend. This will be 700+ miles round-trip. I'll be on the road for at least 3 days with some rain predicted. I'm sure the WeatherTech mats will protect things by retaining any mud or water that I may bring into the car on my shoes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Are y'all familiar with CoCo mats? I recently purchased some for my boxster and like them very much. They really hide the dirt and crap that was prevalent with the stock mats the second after being vacuumed.

Attachments

·
Registered
474 Posts
Are y'all familiar with CoCo mats? I recently purchased some for my boxster and like them very much. They really hide the dirt and crap that was prevalent with the stock mats the second after being vacuumed.
...I am very familiar. Extremely popular in the late 60s early 70s. Interestingly, I remember them mostly in older Porsches growing up. From coconut tree I believe, hence its name!...very durable. I think they look neat too!

·
Registered
89 Posts
I bought a set of DiamondCarMats.com
Full floor coverage, which is what I wanted. Time will tell how long they hold up.

·
Registered
476 Posts
i can't comment with regard to the cayman/boxster version but the weathertech mats i have in my f150, and the previous set i have in my 5 series. left a lot to be desired. both cars were/are daily drivers and both of them have lots of dirt/snow-salt residue on the carpets where the mats end. they are ok for dropping a coffee or drink to catch them, but you better be very careful when slowing down or momentum will cause it to go right up and over the sides - i say this from experience.

·
Registered
60 Posts
As I recall from back in the day, the CoCo mats go especially well with sheep skin seatcovers!:)

I considered Weathertech mats as I have them in my pickup truck, but ended up installing the factory Porsche all weather rubber mats. I don’t think they will hold as much water as the Weathertechs, but seem like they are adequate for general dirt/ occasional wet weather. I also think they look better with integrated Porsche logo, plus they were a bit cheaper than the Weathertechs. I bought them at the dealer when I took delivery.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I bought a set of DiamondCarMats.com
Full floor coverage, which is what I wanted. Time will tell how long they hold up.

Checking diamondcarmats.com - looks good, like the walls to trap all debris. Is the material cloth or some kind of plastic? Looks like they are rolex of weathertech. Which did you get diamond or the stripes. Price shipped to USA?

Thanks.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have the Weathertechs in my 718. They fit great. My car will never see snow but they definitely keep dirt and rocks off the carpet.

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
I got standard mats. I put them in a trash bag in the basement and they'll stay there until I trade the car in.

I told the dealer I love Porsche all-weather mats...and he threw in a free set. 3 Porsche now...all with white gages black interiors and all-weather mats. I've had them in 3 different Porsches now...2 caymans and a 911. Weathertech are good for heavy snow. The rest of the time...even summer, these all weather fit perfect, don't attract every piece of crushed leaf from your shoes...and they can be cleaned with a hose and brush.

If you really want them to look sexy, use a little detailer on them after they dry...ba da bing, baby!

:alien:

Reactions: CaymanMatt
1 - 16 of 16 Posts