Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered my 718 Cayman 6MT. I get it in December and can't wait. I ordered the LED headlights. When test driving a 718 Cayman last week that had the standard headlights I noticed there were no front fog lights, which the dealer confirmed. I take it that the same is true for the LED headlights. Can anyone confirm? I like having front fog lights. If, as I suspect, the car doesn't have any, has anyone added fog or driving lights? If so, which ones do you recommend? Thanks.

·
892 Posts
Just ordered my 718 Cayman 6MT. I get it in December and can't wait. I ordered the LED headlights. When test driving a 718 Cayman last week that had the standard headlights I noticed there were no front fog lights, which the dealer confirmed. I take it that the same is true for the LED headlights. Can anyone confirm? I like having front fog lights. If, as I suspect, the car doesn't have any, has anyone added fog or driving lights? If so, which ones do you recommend? Thanks.
I can confirm there are no fog lamps on any variation & nor is there really any suitable area in which to fit them. However I have a 718 Boxster S with the LED headlights & they are absolutely superb. They are quite simply the best headlights I've ever encountered on any vehicle. I've not felt the need for additional illumination under any conditions & that includes fog.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. I figured that might be the case.

·
Super Moderator
2,319 Posts
Fog "happy" headlights have a very flat top on the beam and consistently keep that top below the driver's eyes to reduce the flare from the water droplets. Once you get to the PDLS and and PDLS+ the beam shape and automatic levelling take care of that.

The older style yellow beam fog lamps did reduce the appearance of the flare a bit but did nothing for overall visibility.

Greg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.