Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2019 718 Cayman S
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone,
I had a Macan for 6 years, getting high on milage. For two persons the capacity of my Macan was under utilized by a big margin. So time for change. A long time ago, 40 years ago to be precise (I am 72 now), I enjoyed a 911 for about 8 years. It left a profound impression on me. The 911 I knew bicame wider, longer, heavier, not the same car I remember. By chance I checked the 718 Forum. Fantastic resource, thank you all that contribute. A short test drive was enough and decided to trade in the Macan and purchase a Cayman. Did not want to wait months to custom order so a slightly used one (1,500 km) was the solution. By mid-June I got the Agatha. Although the Macan is a superb car, I did not miss it. Agatha stole my soul. She is an S, like in special.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Really great photo! Maybe the best I have seen of Agate Grey. How have the last 6 weeks been? And I agree, the 911 is iconic, but it just looks too bulky now. I wouldn't kick it out of my garage, though.

·
Registered
2019 718 Cayman S
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, Photoshop was a great help. The car was under a tree, against a fence, but the light was good. So I changed the background. Have time being retired. I wanted to feel that I am driving a car and this is the closest to what I want. I can even live with the engine sound - it's getting better every day. Did some improvements: wireless Apple Carplay through Carplay2Air (works great), memory module from T-Design9, front vents grills from Radiator Grill Store, so I am all set now. Feel great. 911? Maybe when I get older.;)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Beautiful !!

·
Registered
718 CB / GT silver - 2019 vintage
16 Posts
Congratulations & enjoy in good health! That Agate Grey and LED headlights make for serious design synergy.

Also +1 to this forum. The readership and contributors are really top shelf.

·
Registered
2019 718 Cayman S
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all for the warm reception.
Yes argento, I am weak when fine design is on display. It was enough one look to start fighting for Agatha.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts