Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2019 base Cayman
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the owner that has everything, except for a litter basket, coupled with disdain for retractable cup holders, this is for you!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Clear water is fine by me. Nothing else.

I did a full interior restoration on my 78 Corvette, and a "driver's restoration" on my 02 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

The previous owner of the Jeep didn't have the same beliefs as me.

Sleeve Automotive tire Grey Collar Jacket

Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design Motor vehicle

The second pic is what came out of the carpet after some scrubbing and hot water extraction. And only under the passenger seat and passenger's footwell. That was hot clear water when it went in...

And that's only getting at the carpet. Any decent volume spill is going to find its way to the insulation, and that will mandate replacement.

I was certainly happy with the before and after, and the rig smells a lot better:

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper Asphalt
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Trunk

·
Registered
971 Posts
I will allow water bottles in the cup holders. I find that the smaller Fiji bottles work well. The newer bottles, while trying admirably to lower plastic usage, don't work. A refillable bottle designed for these cupholders would be awesome, dunno why that isn't a thing. If it is I would gladly buy it.

·
Premium Member
2019 base Cayman
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Amazon says that won't fit a 718.
Well, that's just odd. If I had any litter in my glasshouse, I'd spend the $7.99 for this in a flash! But I don't eat, drink, shop, run errands, chew gum, and often have no interactions involving little bits of trash when I'm out in Carmen the Cayman.

Product Camera lens Automotive tire Camera accessory Cameras & optics

·
Registered
210 Posts
I will allow water bottles in the cup holders. I find that the smaller Fiji bottles work well. The newer bottles, while trying admirably to lower plastic usage, don't work. A refillable bottle designed for these cupholders would be awesome, dunno why that isn't a thing. If it is I would gladly buy it.

I got one of these as a gift from a Porsche driving event a few months ago. "Porsche Thermo Mug XL". Holds 30oz of water and fits in my 718's cupholder. That said, fully loaded it definitely puts some load on the arm.

Porsche does offer smaller versions.

I used it on a 5-hour round trip drive a few weeks ago and it worked well. Not a canyon carve, though.

·
Registered
13 Posts

I got one of these as a gift from a Porsche driving event a few months ago. "Porsche Thermo Mug XL". Holds 30oz of water and fits in my 718's cupholder. That said, fully loaded it definitely puts some load on the arm.

Porsche does offer smaller versions.

I used it on a 5-hour round trip drive a few weeks ago and it worked well. Not a canyon carve, though.
My personal policy is anything in the car must stay put at up to 1.2G or else it doesn't get in the car! This and anything you put in it will fail my policy...I'm thinking of getting some warning stickers "Must be 1.2G Tolerant to ride!

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'll leave this here just to irk folks. Opinions vary, and everyone is entitled to theirs. I use my car as a car to conduct my daily life. That includes the occasional stop at a drive-thru as I travel. My driver's side cup holder is always in the deployed position, although the 44oz big gulp is not that often of an occurrence.
Hood Car Grille Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
340 Posts
I just throw trash like burger wrappers, used paper towels, candy bar wrappers, and beer cans in the passenger side. Then, when I go to the dealership for an annual oil change, they wash the car and clean out the trash from the interior........... no extra charge. So why in the world would I want to pay money for a trash container?
Motor vehicle Auto part Vehicle Window Plastic

·
Premium Member
2019 base Cayman
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Why does that remind me of Alice's Restaurant?

• Haha
Reactions: Treemagnet

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Why does that remind me of Alice's Restaurant?
"Yes sir Officer Obie, I cannot tell a lie. I put that envelope under that garbage."

• Haha
Reactions: JazzCatGab

·
Registered
91 Posts
"What are you in for kid?"
"littering!" ...and they all moved away from me on the group W bench...
...until I said "and eating french fries in my Cayman."
Then they all moved back and we had a good time on the bench...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts