Porsche 718 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the front Zunsport grills off the front air intakes and found this by the aircon rad
Gesture Asphalt Wood Road surface Twig

It must have been there when I put the grills on but it was very difficult to see, in fact I only investigated because whilst it was at the dealer they pointed out there were a couple of leaves in there and I should keep it clear to avoid corrosion problems. I found the bird by using a mirror and torch to look into all the space in front of the rad but getting it out was an issue as it was bigger than the gaps in the slats! Guess I will have to check the other side more thoroughly before I reinstall the grills馃槙

Registered
2022 718 Boxster T
That happened to me on my Macan gts - but I saw the unfortunate bird swoop past in front of me on the highway, so I knew what was up when I found the poor thing in there. I only recently deleted the photo off my phone.

Registered
2022 Cayman GTS 4.0 6-speed
Well at least you didn't find our friend, "Ervin", from our local animal sanctuary. He had an unfortunate encounter with something (possibly car) that injured his wing. For about 10% of the price of the leather steering column option that I forgot to order on my CGTS, we have sponsored him for the rest of 2022 and 2023.

Cloud Sky Plant Bird Window

Registered
Porsche 991.2 Carrera 4S Cabriolet
If you鈥檙e going to die, die in style.
Absolutely!

BTW鈥 actually failed to mention that the first bird strike happened after taking a left out of my driveway in my Alfa 4C Spider, so after yet another long day of detailing the second car (Giulia QV), this time I decided to take a right out of the driveway, and then鈥OOF, bird strike #2鈥ird feathers floating everywhere! On day #3, I literally borrowed my GF鈥檚 Stelvio instead! 馃槀

Registered
2002 Honda S2000
Absolutely!

BTW鈥 actually failed to mention that the first bird strike happened after taking a left out of my driveway in my Alfa 4C Spider, so after yet another long day of detailing the second car (Giulia QV), this time I decided to take a right out of the driveway, and then鈥OOF, bird strike #2鈥ird feathers floating everywhere! On day #3, I literally borrowed my GF鈥檚 Stelvio instead! 馃槀
That鈥檚 whacked! What鈥檙e the odds? Personally, I鈥檝e never hit a bird. Can鈥檛 say I want too either!!

Registered
2021 Boxster
Our "typical" birds are: eagles, hawks, owls, egrets, herons and peacocks. The good news; they don't "fit" in our air intakes. The bad news: they can really dent the front end.

Registered
Our "typical" birds are: eagles, hawks, owls, egrets, herons and peacocks. The good news; they don't "fit" in our air intakes. The bad news: they can really dent the front end.
You all also have to contest with Sandhill Cranes. Hitting one of those monsters would almost be like hitting a Texas white tail...yeah, our deer are rather puny...but just as stupid as their Florida cousins.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts