Porsche 718 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Looks great. What does a wrap like that roughly cost to do? Are there any concerns with taking it off?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks great. What does a wrap like that roughly cost to do? Are there any concerns with taking it off?
Depends on your area, where I am around 3-4k, depending on the type of vinyl you want. The vinyl serves as paint protection as well (although is thinner than regular PPF), the surface is prepped
before wrapping, there is no damage to the paint at all.

·
Registered
50 Posts
This looks much better than the new Green Porsche offers. I just can’t get on board with it.
FWIW Porsche Club America has a page/app on their site for scrolling through different Porsche paint color schemes & color codes, including a number of varieties of Green, e.g.

Forest Green Metallic (Rennbow) | Porsche Colors | Porsche Club of America Color Wiki

click the icon below the photos to move up & down the colors. My eye is not well versed enough to judge the differences. Just how different/noticeable without the labeling is the 718 GT4 side scoop from the stock S/GTS version? Sticks out further, "thicker" from the car's body, I assume?

Nice color.

·
Registered
111 Posts
FWIW Porsche Club America has a page/app on their site for scrolling through different Porsche paint color schemes & color codes, including a number of varieties of Green, e.g.

Forest Green Metallic (Rennbow) | Porsche Colors | Porsche Club of America Color Wiki

click the icon below the photos to move up & down the colors. My eye is not well versed enough to judge the differences. Just how different/noticeable without the labeling is the 718 GT4 side scoop from the stock S/GTS version? Sticks out further, "thicker" from the car's body, I assume?

Nice color.
A Porsche looks much better without the side scoops. It's like putting on a bra and covering up the beautiful side vents. Definitely not for me.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
A Porsche looks much better without the side scoops. It's like putting on a bra and covering up the beautiful side vents. Definitely not for me.
Though they do change the "look", they aren't there for that purpose. They force more air into the intake. That is the reason they are present on the GT4. Not necessary for most of us. But if you're going to track, I'm sure they provide a benefit or Porsche wouldn't have included them.

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts

Nice color.
Does not protrude beyond body of car. I'd say lines up with outermost part of fenders perfectly.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Though they do change the "look", they aren't there for that purpose. They force more air into the intake. That is the reason they are present on the GT4. Not necessary for most of us. But if you're going to track, I'm sure they provide a benefit or Porsche wouldn't have included them.
What you are saying doesn't make a sense at all. The 718 Spider does not have a scoop and 0-60 mph in 3.7 seconds. The GTS4.0 does not have a scoop 0-60 mph in 4.3 seconds one second more than the GT4.
There goes you theory on Scoops for track use. If it made a difference they would also have a scoop on the 911 Turbo S 0-60 mph in 2.6 seconds.

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
What you are saying doesn't make a sense at all. The 718 Spider does not have a scoop and 0-60 mph in 3.7 seconds. The GTS4.0 does not have a scoop 0-60 mph in 4.3 seconds one second more than the GT4.
There goes you theory on Scoops for track use. If it made a difference they would also have a scoop on the 911 Turbo S 0-60 mph in 2.6 seconds.
0-60... yea probably no different.

I haven't been able to test with my Draggy, my butt dyno (a finely tuned machine I tell ya 😉) tells me that I'm experiencing much better top end performance with the scoops. Hopefully this spring I can get some numbers to back it up, but I do believe that "at speed" the extra ramming of air is a benefit.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Neither of those are specific track cars. They are grande touring cars. Hey argue with Porsche if you think they just stuck them on their GT car from their GT group.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts